2CD3T45 rebooting after every motion event

Reaction score
Just received a 4MP 2CD3T45-I8 running 5.3.3. It reboots itself on every motion detect or intrusion detect.

I've disabled NAS storage and IR, and swapped in known good 80W, 48VDC PoE power supplies -- doesn't
make any difference. Cable distance to the camera is about 15ft, so line drop should not be an issue.

Logs say 'abnormal shutdown' immediately after each motion detection start event and then powers back up shortly afterwards.

Any ideas?

thanks

Reaction score
I have the same build

Mine also has issues only when email is enabled. It reboots consistently if email is configured, else it seems ok when run overnight with email turned off

Motion detection seems overly sensitive compared to my other 3MP units

It's definitely a firmware issue.. Supposedly there's a more recent build but it's in Chinese

Will play with this a bit more in a bit. This is discouraging since I was about to buy a bunch more of the same to supplement my other cameras...sigh

Brenner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still the same problem. Have someone a solution yet?

Reaction score
No solution for me... I've been email-less with that camera and just use it to
record motion events. I rely on my other cameras pointed in the same area
to email me status.

The last time I emailed the seller to see if they have an updated US firmware,
they didn't...

Needless to say, I just bought a 5MP 2CD2T55F-I8 with a 6mm lens. It works much
better than the 4MP. No rebooting, and it adds a bunch of new features such as face
detection. Haven't had a chance to play with that yet.

Compared to my 3MP 2CD2032 6mm dome and this 2T55, picture is a tad
sharper, and a I can see blades of grass more clearly vs a slight blur from 30ft.
Not a huge improvement compared to 1MP vs 3MP, but it's worth swapping
out my 3MP cams with these 5MP units.

[post-edit] The EXIR IR LED's on the 2T55 and 3T45 make the 2032 IR look like a joke.

Last edited by a moderator: