2mp 1080p Low lux Hisilicon POE camera

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Obviously these low light sensors are cheap, now I see that they are popping out everywhere in low cost cams. Hikvision on the other hand choose to keep it for their $600+ cams but consumer grade cams get noisy 4MP sensors with more headaches in firmware for gray market cams.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now that we have a guinea pig for the imx178, I'm really tempted to get this. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-4838905831.17.XMXSio&id=39437763063

Some of the specs translated...

2mp progressive scan 1/1.8" Sony IMX185 cmos. SLR level 3.75μm oversized pixels, bigger light area, clear image under low light, no noise

Starlight ultra lowlight, color 0.001lux@f1.2
Substational increase in the sensitiivty of infared light
Matte black and white infared pass through effect is clear, no noise, best night vision

Compatible with Hikvision protocol. Support local Hikvision NVR directly modify the IP address, the channel name modify, motion detection alarm recording, alarm and other shelter

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks good, but looks difficult to get a hold of for non-Chinese speaking buyers?
That 2mp one on toabao yes, but you can use forwarding services. Loads of them around.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now that we have a guinea pig for the imx178, I'm really tempted to get this. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-4838905831.17.XMXSio&id=39437763063

Some of the specs translated...

2mp progressive scan 1/1.8" Sony IMX185 cmos. SLR level 3.75μm oversized pixels, bigger light area, clear image under low light, no noise

Starlight ultra lowlight, color 0.001lux@f1.2
Substational increase in the sensitiivty of infared light
Matte black and white infared pass through effect is clear, no noise, best night vision

Compatible with Hikvision protocol. Support local Hikvision NVR directly modify the IP address, the channel name modify, motion detection alarm recording, alarm and other shelter
How much money do these units retail for? And do they come with English firmware?

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sounds really really good...but yIkEs...ordering from a non-English website is too much of an adventure for a misfit such as myself!
I've already done it to buy some multi language hikvision for even cheaper than on aliexpress ;)

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered with 3.6mm lens, so we will see what I get.

The cam was cheap though $86, but shipping is too much
klasipca, when your camera arrives please make a new topic and share your camera experiences with us. Thanks!

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lots of action in the hivixun demo, snow storm overnight !

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Lots of action in the hivixun demo, snow storm overnight !
I am not too impressed, maybe because 2MP is not cutting it for me anymore (unless it's ptz) prefer 4MP+ for such views

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not too impressed, maybe because 2MP is not cutting it for me anymore (unless it's ptz) prefer 4MP+ for such views
I highly doubt these streams are at max quality

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bLgufTHe

I guess I'm a fortunate soul with a lot to be grateful for because I can afford to waste $48.00. $48.00. Sheesh...how can they engineer, build, document, package and ship such technology for $48.00.

It must be C O M P L E T E J U N K.

Didn't need it.

Don't know why I bought it.

Can't wait to get it.

View attachment 6513

$48 actually doesn't seem all that unreasonably cheap to me for a generic 2mp bullet. You can get generic 3mp Hiks in the 60-something dollar range. Most of the parts, such as sensors, can be purchased in China dirt cheap in large quantity wholesale lots (especially if you buy them by the thousands)..There's a lot of markup in cameras from the value of the individual parts that make them up. Even the "good deals" we see in China are still way more than actual worth of the parts included. After a few positive feedbacks on this item, they'll probably raise the price by $20..That's what the branded Hikvision sellers often do....

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
$48 actually doesn't seem all that unreasonably cheap to me for a generic 2mp bullet. You can get generic 3mp Hiks in the 60-something dollar range. Most of the parts, such as sensors, can be purchased in China dirt cheap in large quantity wholesale lots (especially if you buy them by the thousands)..There's a lot of markup in cameras from the value of the individual parts that make them up. Even the "good deals" we see in China are still way more than actual worth of the parts included. After a few positive feedbacks on this item, they'll probably raise the price by $20..That's what the branded Hikvision sellers often do....
Well...we'll see...of that I'm certain.