2mp 1080p Low lux Hisilicon POE camera

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The lack of definition on the sides at night is something I see alot when you're trying to cover a wide open area with not much light. IR leds tend to create a tunnel of light rather than spread out.

Blurry left side looks an awful lot like the huisin ptz. Probably caused by the lens.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The lack of definition on the sides at night is something I see alot when you're trying to cover a wide open area with not much light. IR leds tend to create a tunnel of light rather than spread out.

Blurry left side looks an awful lot like the huisin ptz. Probably caused by the lens.
Yeh...but I'm not really expecting anything to results in this...I just thought I'd test them to see how the respond. Sink or Swim...what's your bet?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And here is the sellers reply along with his email attachments...oh well...my expectations weren't very high anyway...

Hello buyer,
Thanks for your concern. We are fine.
We do not have new firmware yet.
When did this issue come up?
Maybe you can adjust some setting to change the quality.
Try resetting the camera to default. And try changing video format, see attached photo.
Jason. : )

Attachments

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
And here is the sellers reply along with his email attachments...oh well...my expectations weren't very high anyway...
Thanks for testing out! I guess you can't be mad about it when they put smiley at the end of the email :)

Huisun support has been frustrating for me on the other hand because there was no smiley. Going back and forth one one issue related with motion detection sensitivity for past few month and all we got:

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]i hope that ip bullet camera will be better in future
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Best regards
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Monica wen[/FONT]

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Q spoketh too soon...this just in...

hello buyer
thank you for your reply
if so , you can try this firmware attached.
and let me know if anything in question
hope to hear from you again

Mardan
I have attached the firmware to this post. Apply with caution. I will flash le camerito latero!

Attachments

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Applied the firmware and the flash was completed without apparent incident. It will be a while before I can tell if the flash has made anything better...

Label
1.0 Firmware
1.1 Firmware
Kernel Version
Linux 3.0.8 armv5tejl
Linux 3.0.8 armv5tejl
File System Version
TH99-ONVIF V1.0.0.0 build 2015-09-23 10:51:32
TH99-ONVIF V1.1.0.0 build 2015-11-19 19:28:08
Serial Number
32000063F2C616A5
32000063F2C616A5
Web Control Version
IPCConfig V2.0.0.52
IPCConfig V2.0.0.52

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh. This is exciting. Hands down the night image is MUCH better.
Sounds hopeful Q! The one I ordered a month ago has just now reached this part of the world, so I *may* even get it before next year...

Thanks for the firmware, will download and put it on ice for a bit.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh. This is exciting. Hands down the night image is MUCH better.
I may have mis-spoken. I forgot that I had turned on a string of 48 patio lights which were positioned behind where the camera is mounted. smiley9.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Did new firmware unlock high sensitivity features of the sensor?
I'm not certain yet klasipca.

nando

n3wb
Reaction score
Applied the firmware and the flash was completed without apparent incident. It will be a while before I can tell if the flash has made anything better...
I'm not sure if it's a Windows 10 thing or not but I can't seem to apply this firmware. When I select the bin file, it says "File not found" even though it's clearly there and is 7 MB.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you by any chance have it stored in a very long path, or one with spaces or unusual characters in it?
Maybe relocate it upstream and see if it's OK.

nando

n3wb
Reaction score
Due to my time working at a support help desk dealing with old Java apps, I already tried all of that. Renamed it shorter to firmware.bin, moved to to the root of C:/, moved to Desktop. No luck. I was using my wife's Windows 10 computer and I'm running Linux on my own. I'm going to try on an older laptop when I find the AC adapter.

Do these do SSH or anything? I'm just trying to get on the latest firmware and also play around with the settings to try to improve the image.

nando

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally got Zoneminder set up to record motion detect on this camera. For $45, I really can't say that I have any complaints especially considering this is my first camera. Now to hunt for more cams... I now understand the addiction.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey @Q2U is the left side of your image always out of focus or is that just from the way the lighting/shadows are at that time? Those ever green trees look out of focus for some reason - almost like everything to the left of that 2nd tiki torch is out of focus.

We got a little snow, which seems to have resulted in a little better night image (reflection?). I've also added an image from this morning, after the sun rose...

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @Q2U is the left side of your image always out of focus or is that just from the way the lighting/shadows are at that time? Those ever green trees look out of focus for some reason - almost like everything to the left of that 2nd tiki torch is out of focus.
It is out of focus, he stated this on first review of the camera. Very common with cheap Chinese ip cameras, same with the Huisin PTZ. Must be using cheaper lenses

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator: