2nd Amendment thread

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Another one that looks like a kids toy gun. This is a really bad idea. The manufacturers should realise that this is really going to give the anti-gun lobby ammunition if a kiddy gets killed because of this.

It's also going to cause kiddy's to be put at risk during law enforcement calls. In the UK we have an arrangement with manufacturers that toy guns will have barrel red ends to help idnetify them as toys after a number of kiddies were held at gunpoint due to members of the public calling the police and reporting kids brandishing guns after several near tradgedies:

Making real guns look like toys isn't going to end well.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Or just have better parenting. A parent that gives a damn. Better yet, 2 parents. I wouldn't have been able to sit on my swollen ass for a day, and my toy gun would have been smashed to bits if my parents caught me playing with it outside. Can't blame guns (even toys) for a societal problem.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I remember plyaing cowboys and Indians outside with caps guns growing up, think it's pretty normal.

The societal problem these days is the number of guns being used in crime, the young age of some of the criminals, and the number of members of society who are anti-gun and willing to call police on kids clearly playing with toy guns in order to cause mischief to them and their parents. The issue is such calls can lead to tragedies when armed police turn up and some 8 year old kid points a toy gun towards a policeman... At least if there's a clear line between toy and gun, the risk of an accicental shooting becomes much less.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I will agree with you there. Toy guns should not be as realistic looking as they are and should have a red marking on them. But we all know how easy it is for a kid to break that orange or red tip off.

In today's world, there is no way a parent should let their kids outside with a toy gun. Even when I grew up in the 80s I thought this was true too. It's hard to get shot by the police if you are never in that position to begin with.

Real guns, however, should look however the owner wants them to look. Legos, super soakers, etc. Adults should know better than to leave them laying around. Untrained kids should never have an opportunity to lay a finger on them. Fix the stupidity there. Teach kids to respect guns and alert an adult if they find one versus restricting responsible people like me to customize their firearms.

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone here has heard of a restaurant called First Watch. It used to be called The Egg and I. My wife and I have been going to a particular one here for years. Yesterday when we went to enter I noticed two brand new signs. One was a Texas 30.07 sign which prohibits OPEN CARRY. I have no problem with that. But the other was a Texas 30.06 sign which prohibits CONCEALED CARRY by a person that is Licensed To Carry. This is a BIG problem to me. They just lost a long time, loyal customer. So I sent them a message on their website. I also left reviews on Yelp, Google, and Facebook as below.

My wife and I stopped at the First Watch in The Woodlands Texas today as we do often. However they now have posted Texas 30.06 and 30.07 signs. I asked one of the employees when they started this policy and he stated “Today”. We have been eating there two, and sometimes three, times a week since it opened, and for many years prior to that when it was The Egg and I. I have no problem with not allowing Open Carry of handguns. We frequent many businesses that post 30.07 signs. However, I do have a problem with any business that does not allow Concealed Carry by an LTC Permit holder. A business is welcome to have any policy they want. But we will not support a business that does not allow Concealed Carry by an LTC Permit holder.

Note that they have nothing on their website that informs the public of this policy. I estimate conservatively we have spent about $4500 in food and an additional $1000 in tips per year. You have lost a longtime customer.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone here has heard of a restaurant called First Watch. It used to be called The Egg and I. My wife and I have been going to a particular one here for years. Yesterday when we went to enter I noticed two brand new signs. One was a Texas 30.07 sign which prohibits OPEN CARRY. I have no problem with that. But the other was a Texas 30.06 sign which prohibits CONCEALED CARRY by a person that is Licensed To Carry. This is a BIG problem to me. They just lost a long time, loyal customer. So I sent them a message on their website. I also left reviews on Yelp, Google, and Facebook as below.

My wife and I stopped at the First Watch in The Woodlands Texas today as we do often. However they now have posted Texas 30.06 and 30.07 signs. I asked one of the employees when they started this policy and he stated “Today”. We have been eating there two, and sometimes three, times a week since it opened, and for many years prior to that when it was The Egg and I. I have no problem with not allowing Open Carry of handguns. We frequent many businesses that post 30.07 signs. However, I do have a problem with any business that does not allow Concealed Carry by an LTC Permit holder. A business is welcome to have any policy they want. But we will not support a business that does not allow Concealed Carry by an LTC Permit holder.

Note that they have nothing on their website that informs the public of this policy. I estimate conservatively we have spent about $4500 in food and an additional $1000 in tips per year. You have lost a longtime customer.
I carry a few of these when needed. I ask for the manager, and hand them one.

I also abide by the adage "always carry, never tell". In our state, signs pertaining to weapons', on private business's hold no weight of law. Only thing that can happen is if they ask you to leave, and you don't, then you can get a trespassing charge.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I also abide by the adage "always carry, never tell". In our state, signs pertaining to weapons', on private business's hold no weight of law. Only thing that can happen is if they ask you to leave, and you don't, then you can get a trespassing charge.
We have a grocery store called Sprouts that post the no gun sign out front. Irritates me when I walk in. These are the type of places the lunatics would like to hit. Even more reason to carry in that store. I think I will print some of those cards and post out front. I also notice that some ACE hardware stores (GA) post signs that state "Firearms welcomed" I like shopping there!