2nd Amendment thread

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I own plenty of Sigs yes :p
Blasphemy!!!!!!!

I can’t say to much though. One of my wife’s carry guns is a 239. A few years ago when I was in Texas I dropped it off at Robert (The Sig Armorer) and he did a work up on it.

He did a phenomenal job on the trigger. He almost turned me onto Sig’s

I just can’t..... I used to spend some time there.... But I guess if I should hold my nose and log in to make some money....

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Fortunately for my bank account I never got the 1911 bug.
I’m not so sure how to respond to this.... I feel every American should own a 1911. But I agree, the prices of a good one are stupid expensive. The last I looked a year or so back the starting price on a decent entry one can hardly be had for under 1500.

I bought my Les Baer for 1500 in 2011. I just looked at pricing if I were to buy that one today and it’s 3400, and that’s before the night sights.....
Ouch

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Blasphemy!!!!!!!

I can’t say to much though. One of my wife’s carry guns is a 239. A few years ago when I was in Texas I dropped it off at Robert (The Sig Armorer) and he did a work up on it.

He did a phenomenal job on the trigger. He almost turned me onto Sig’s

I just can’t..... I used to spend some time there.... But I guess if I should hold my nose and log in to make some money....
Robert does incredible work. He did some magic to a P229 of mine, best DA trigger I own.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll beat a dead horse here, but how about the morons in Calif make an attempt to enforce the freakin laws first.

Reaction score
If you aren't going to be gaming with it, the Ruger SR1911 is a fine representation for half the price. I like mine and it looks good.
I'm with ya. I love my RIA double stack 1911. Is it a Kimber? Oh hell no! Does it go bang every time I pull the trigger? Yes, and I have about 200-300 rounds thru it. I own many Bersa's....love them. .380 CC, BP9CC, and their 'compact' 45 ACP. I also own a EAA Tangfolio .40mm and it shoots straighter then I ever will. My Ruger .357 security six and the .380 I have, both work like champs. I'm not a 'name' guy. But I do recognize excellent firearms over regular every day 'Joe' firearms. I can afford them and the ones I do buy, I trust them.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did forget about the Ruger SR1911. The few times I handled them they seemed well made.

Granted I haven’t seen the latest SR1911’s, but I’d take one of those over a Kimber any day. I’m sure I’ll get haters, but a Kimber would be one of my last choices I’d take home if I was looking at another 1911.

If they didn’t spend all their budget on advertising their guns would be in the sub $400 range.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did forget about the Ruger SR1911. The few times I handled them they seemed well made.

Granted I haven’t seen the latest SR1911’s, but I’d take one of those over a Kimber any day. I’m sure I’ll get haters, but a Kimber would be one of my last choices I’d take home if I was looking at another 1911.

If they didn’t spend all their budget on advertising their guns would be in the sub $400 range.
I've seen many Kimbers that were difficult to load and make ready.
My Sr1911 is no slouch, very good trigger everything fits well as it should. And it's still stock, other than some light magic I performed on it with a Dremel and some flitz metal polish.

I used to shoot IDPA with a gent that ran a stock RIA 1911, and it was a nice gun. Nothing wrong with it, and he had no problems with it.

A lot of guns can be just fine for poking paper, but you put them and the shooter under the stress of shooting in a match, and you get to see what the guns are really made of and their negatives.

Reaction score
I use to go with one of my friends to his shooting range once in a while as a guest (Northern VA). Frankly, nothing but a bunch of old, rich guys that didn't like strangers there. Not that I gave a damn. I had my Security Six, RIA (aka: Grey Turd) and Bersa on the bench with me. Shot them all, one after another at a torso sized target, IDK, guess it was around 15 to 20 feet, give or take. Was quite happy with my shots. When a cease fire was called, the guy next to me had 5 kimbers sitting on his bench. He told me, 'You know, if you want to shoot better, you should get a good .22 and practice trigger control. All of my shots were in the upper torso. I just looked at the guy and told him that every one of my shots would have taken that person down and I was quite happy with my shots. Thank you. Dude looked like I had bitch slapped him. Loved it! Should have seen their faces when I took my AK-47 out....holy shit. :)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hah! I've got a lot of property and so does my daughter. Thankfully, I don't need a range to go to. I could go there with a few things and never hear a word. But, when I'd bring out my wife's and my favorite toy, the snootiness would come quick and hard. Forget that I always got/get good grouping with it, it was "one of those pieces of junk"!! I laugh as I'm writing this because sure as heck, I'd be hearing it from at least one guy here if I mentioned what it was. :p :p :p

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hah! I've got a lot of property and so does my daughter. Thankfully, I don't need a range to go to. I could go there with a few things and never hear a word. But, when I'd bring out my wife's and my favorite toy, the snootiness would come quick and hard. Forget that I always got/get good grouping with it, it was "one of those pieces of junk"!! I laugh as I'm writing this because sure as heck, I'd be hearing it from at least one guy here if I mentioned what it was. :p :p :p
Hi-Point. ;)