2nd vadalism in 3 months. Tire slashing

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
So did she intend to just loosen the stems? How does one even do that??

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
So did she intend to just loosen the stems? How does one even do that??
As I found out for the first time, you can loosen/tighten/replace the tire stem core itself. They even sell new ones at auto stores. I guess, they fail at times for whatever reason.
And I just noticed. I can not spell vandalism very well in the forum post title :)
What confuses me is that nearly 3 months ago, she slashed 12 tires (3 vehicles). Why only mess with tire stems, and not slash? Gots me.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
TBH would still be an offence over here. Even letting someone's tyres down is without physically interfering with the valves themselves. In your case she still did damage by loostening the stems as it cause the stems to have to be re-fitted using a sepcially bought tool. Also, arguably it could be seen as a more serious offence as letting tyres down could be the cause of an accident so deliberately letting them down....

I agree with the sentiment above, what are the police doing about it and what are the laws in your state governing home defence?

Failing a police remedy, it might be worth getting a restraining order so at least you can get her in jail that way.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Restraining order might be the best way to go. Then when is identified on your property, she can be tossed in jail
for trespassing. If it happens, maybe they will talk to her about the tires. She might be dumb enough to tell them
she did it. Kids now days love to boast about their "conquests".

Light truck tires are hard to slash, unless they are wet. That's why you get more nails when it's raining.

Reaction score
Restraining order might be the best way to go. Then when is identified on your property, she can be tossed in jail
for trespassing. If it happens, maybe they will talk to her about the tires. She might be dumb enough to tell them
she did it. Kids now days love to boast about their "conquests".
can I file a restraining order without 100% proof it was who I suspect it was? Can anyone file a restraining order on a whim? Or does someone has to sign off for reasons.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
can I file a restraining order without 100% proof it was who I suspect it was? Can anyone file a restraining order on a whim? Or does someone has to sign off for reasons.
Different states will be different, you will have to check. Has she ever threatened you? Even away from home?
If you have pictures of her on your place, you can trespass her. I have trespassed several people from being on
site at tower site. Even a cell phone picture of them on property is good enough.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score

I will let you do the reading.

Reaction score

I will let you do the reading.
hmph. I guess it's not 'stalking' but 'harassment'
Harassment: A person commits harassment when: (a) Without lawful authority, the person knowingly threatens: (1) To cause bodily injury in the future to the person threatened or to any other person; (2) To cause physical damage to the property of another person;

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Another link that may help

Redridge

n3wb
Reaction score
Let me take a wild guess. You have loud annoying pipes on that soon-to-rust-out Dodge truck? Sorry just my chance to vent, don't understand it never have.

Redridge

n3wb
Reaction score
Guess I'll read the whole thread. Could be crazy always an option. Bet that rig has loud pipes though (lol). I have a big transit van with a 300+ HP 4 wheel drive setup that is quiet as a lamb.

One update in my realm is my next door neighbor has had his fringe area targeting Starlink (Elon Musk, Starship, Tesla) system up for a month now. Averaging about 100mb/20mb for $99/mo. We have been stuck on a very expensive microwave shoreline system with a high latency upload for years. I won't be able to report on webcam performance until I open back up next year when the snow melts. No one else out there has webcams yet.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a lot of custom voice messages that span from good morning to diagnostics which is managed by my GWM. My family is alerted in the home by Julie U.S. and for general presence will state this:

Here is a sample of what is broadcasted out the perimeter depending upon where they are in the breach line.

If someone ignores this warning and breaches the kill no kill zone this message is played in no uncertain terms as to the results.

Reaction score
I have a lot of custom voice messages that span from good morning to diagnostics which is managed by my GWM. My family is alerted in the home by Julie U.S. and for general presence will state this:

Here is a sample of what is broadcasted out the perimeter depending upon where they are in the breach line.

If someone ignores this warning and breaches the kill no kill zone this message is played in no uncertain terms as to the results.

In my mad rush to get things up and running, I just simply created that Star Trek "Intruder Alert" (from the first movie). Now that things have settled down, I do plan on organizing my alerts into subsections with their own audible alarms. Example: I have both Boshc PIR via DSC alarm panel AND Blue Iris 5442 AI detect playing just a single audible sound file on a z-wave Zooz multisiren device. I need to break that up for front/back/or side camera motion.... same for PIR motion. I like those audio files you posted. Others all on Soundcloud?