3" PT Hikvision DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(F1)(S5)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But I like to keep stuff updated
If you were a QNAP user right now you absolutely must.
Ransomware is running wild through the userbase!
Hard-coded credentials! Coded by an idiot.

AnthH

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update.

I upgraded my NVR to NVR_K74_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.100_180310

I manged to get Hik-Connect working on my iPhone and iPad (and the wife's iPhone) so now I have instant replay from alerts, with better images than the email images. I have iVMS-4200 3.5.0.7 Client running that's also giving me alerts from line crossing. Man this iVMS-4200 3.5.0.7 Client is the dogs. Added my NVR so I can view the 2 cams I have connected. I can now review footage via the replay 30 secs 1 min and so on.

I'm loving this this new Hik system more and more. Oh, The 2 DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(F1)(S5) look fantastic with very little ghosting on night time footage at all.

Front Cam Cat.jpg

Back Cam Me.jpg

Thinking of adding another one :)

AnthH

n3wb
Reaction score
Think I'm going to have to rewire mine ones. I used the old what I thought was CAT5e cable from a previous old camera setup. I'm sure that the old cables are... Well lets say not up to the job.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Think I'm going to have to rewire mine ones. I used the old what I thought was CAT5e cable from a previous old camera setup. I'm sure that the old cables are... Well lets say not up to the job.
If it is the old analog BNC cables, they make an adaptor that works well.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

delphinus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just bought one of those cameras and bidirectional audio doesn't work, the firmware is the last one, the factory reset was done but whenever I press the micro to talk both through IE with the plugin or through the mobile I always get the message “invalid operation”

Anyone can point me to a firmware that work with 2 way audio and where to download it?

delphinus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Manage to get two way audio working.

Firmware V5.5.803 build 211112
Audio Codec AAC 16KHz 32kbps

AnthH

n3wb
Reaction score
Manage to get two way audio working.

Firmware V5.5.803 build 211112
Audio Codec AAC 16KHz 32kbps
I have the same problem with Firmware V5.5.803 build 211112 I have turned to your settings and the audio is rubbish when I turn on the sound from the camera.

delphinus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I contacted Hikvision support, try to do the same to see if they fix the problem, they replaced this camera with the T5 version, I only bought the S5 because distributor ask me 5 weeks to deliver.
When I have time I will test new configurations but I'm happy with the result but you are right sound is not good, test different combinations of mic and speaker volume and also phone volume.