37777 port forward help

lilhalls

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have opened up on my xfinity router port 80 but for some reason port 37777 (which I think I need) will not open. I am trying to access the camera remotely using Blueiris.I do not have a NVR on the system yet and this is my first try at it. Any assistance will be appreciated.
:unsure:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have opened up on my xfinity router port 80 but for some reason port 37777 (which I think I need) will not open. I am trying to access the camera remotely using Blueiris.I do not have a NVR on the system yet and this is my first try at it. Any assistance will be appreciated.
:unsure:
if this is a dahua camera, you are forwarding the wrong port..you need to forward the rtsp port..

lilhalls

n3wb
Reaction score
I appreciate the help so use port 554? sorry new to this whole thing

lilhalls

n3wb
Reaction score
I checked online and it said port was open. When I got to work and tried to look at the camera it did not work. It appears as soon as I disconnected my computer this morning the camera connectivity stopped. Any ideas?

lilhalls

n3wb
Reaction score
I checked online and it said port was open. When I got to work and tried to look at the camera it did not work. It appears as soon as I disconnected my computer this morning the camera connectivity stopped. Any ideas?

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try doing all your testing from home with your smartphone.
Connect phone to wifi, enter local address into your app of choice. Once that is working, disconnect wifi and use cellular data. Change the app credentials to use external address (whatsmyip.com from wifi) or DDNS address of you have one.
HTH
John

lilhalls

n3wb
Reaction score
Try doing all your testing from home with your smartphone.
Connect phone to wifi, enter local address into your app of choice. Once that is working, disconnect wifi and use cellular data. Change the app credentials to use external address (whatsmyip.com from wifi) or DDNS address of you have one.
HTH
John

I tried and it works fine when connected but not on celluar. The ports are open so I must be doing something wrong

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The user name and password will stay the same. The port should stay the same. The IP address is probably t he onlything you will need to change to get it to work off of wifi. Did you go to whatsmyip.com?

lilhalls

n3wb
Reaction score
I looked at it and I should enter that in my router? the router did not take it? sorry my first camera

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I looked at it and I should enter that in my router? the router did not take it? sorry my first camera
I know when I had ports open on my router, I need to type them in and hit save and then saw the status bar going from 1-100% and then it was done. Are you saving the settings correctly in the router when you enter that port number?

lilhalls

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok folks, After talking to the Xfinity folks last night for hours we agreed that we could see the ports. I tried canyouseeme and the ports are open. So I am now thinking its something else. The hikvision does not allow me to use port 80 but it says 8000 but my router does not allow port 8000 could this be it?

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can set the router and camera to use the same port. Make sure the port you chose isn't already in use. 1-1024 are reserved. If 8000 isn't working, 8008.