4.2.2.4 x64 - Red "motion" frames around each camera

cltbwc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I upgraded to the latest version 4.2.2.4. As in the previous 4.2.x.x versions, the red boxes around each camera in the console are still there. Is this the motion issue most have been discussing caused by previous versions or something else?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I upgraded to the latest version 4.2.2.4. As in the previous 4.2.x.x versions, the red boxes around each camera in the console are still there. Is this the motion issue most have been discussing caused by previous versions or something else?
no, the red indicates the camera is recording....you can disable it if you wish.

cltbwc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Typically I only saw the red boxes around the "clips" along the right hand side of the screen constantly. Now I see them constantly around the "cameras as well. Before they only showed red when there was motion. Has something changed? See the attachment.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Typically I only saw the red boxes around the "clips" along the right hand side of the screen constantly. Now I see them constantly around the "cameras as well. Before they only showed red when there was motion. Has something changed? See the attachment.
It has always been this way, unless you had it disabled...blue iris options>cameras>change border..

cltbwc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. I've honestly never changed this setting from default. Now the red border is gone, but the motion triangle is on for all cameras and there's no motion. Is this the issue many have been discussing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. I've honestly never changed this setting from default. Now the red border is gone, but the motion triangle is on for all cameras and there's no motion. Is this the issue many have been discussing?
It may be detecting "motion" based on the new algorithms, you need to adjust your settings...

cltbwc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Where can I find more more information on the new algorithims? Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to this community.