4.4.6 - October 11, 2016

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.4.6 - October 11, 2016

• A bug fixed which led to dropped frames during recording. The bug only surfaced with cameras that send multiple video frames with identical or nearly identical time codes (less than 2ms difference). Many Foscam models appear to be affected by this.
  • Effort has been put into attempting to smooth local playback of BVR content. Previously without an output buffer, playback could appear to pause and then jump forward slightly at each key frame boundary, as these frames take slightly long to decode.
  • From a group settings page, you can enable a "manual mixing mode" for the remote streaming camera cycle. This allows you to control which camera is visible remotely by selecting the camera window from the PC console software.
  • From the Trigger tab in camera properties, you may now select to move entire group/s of cameras to a specific preset position when one camera is triggered.
  • The Database/Repair function now logs errors with inaccessible folders. It will also delete empty folders when they are encountered.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm able to crash 4.4.6 quite easily by just clicking on a few different clips.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't crash when rapidly cycling through clips. I'm betting you two have hardware accelerated clip playback enabled. I recommend you disable that, as the benefit is minimal and there are numerous bugs in the feature. Unfortunately, this is a per-camera option (Camera Properties > Video Tab) so it takes a little time to change it, and you have to remember to do it on new cameras.

msantic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also crashing after just two clip playback...

Turned off hardware accelerated clip playback on all cameras but that did not help.

Back to previous revision.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Folks with issues should email support and advise.

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't crash when rapidly cycling through clips. I'm betting you two have hardware accelerated clip playback enabled. I recommend you disable that, as the benefit is minimal and there are numerous bugs in the feature. Unfortunately, this is a per-camera option (Camera Properties > Video Tab) so it takes a little time to change it, and you have to remember to do it on new cameras.
I can't seem to find an option called "hardware accelerated clip playback". I am using hardware decoding: Yes (No VPP) and do not have "Also use for BVR playback" enabled. I am not having a crashing problem, just wondering why I can't find hardware accelerated clip playback.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find an option called "hardware accelerated clip playback". I am using hardware decoding: Yes (No VPP) and do not have "Also use for BVR playback" enabled. I am not having a crashing problem, just wondering why I can't find hardware accelerated clip playback.
"Also use for BVR playback" is hardware accelerated clip playback. Sorry for the confusion. When that box is checked and hardware acceleration is enabled for that camera's live video, then it is also enabled for clip playback. Problem is, enabling it for clip playback causes you to see some black frames and makes seeking rather inaccurate. At one point it was also showing a little bit of corruption at the edge of 1080p recordings, though I don't know if that is still happening.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, just tried it and same here. Went back one release and all is well.
I didn't save a copy of 4.4.5.3. Is there a link where I can download that version? BI is unusable now it freezes up constantly when trying to play a clip!

picklefish

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been crashing constantly with this update, glad it isn't just me. It's specifically when trying to enlarge a single video during playback.

Thanks bp2008

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Aha. If I use the timeline view and try to enlarge a video, I can crash BI. Good thing I don't use the timeline view.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone wants to try 4.4.6.1 and see if the crash issue is fixed? :)

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm sorry to report 4.4.6.1 did not fix the crash issue :(