4.4.7.2 BREAKS Speco SIP cameras

Nauip

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried everything from remove & re-adding cameras. The cameras were manually browsable from the server with the same url BI creates to access them. No ports blocked, so antivirus in the way (temporarily disabled).
Fortunately I had the 4.4.7.1 update package via shadowcopies and could roll back.
It would be really, really handy if there was an old versions page still available to download.

Nauip

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently I've created a update.exe folder to keep me and the app from accidentally updating util this can be fixed.

In case it's relevant:
4x Speco SIPB1 cameras.
Blue Iris running on Server 2008 R2
Intel i7 3770, 32 GB memory, 4 TB free space.

Also happens to be running Plex Media Server and Minecraft server for the kids.
Troubleshooting involved shutting down everything else but BI.

Last edited:

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
are you using mpeg4 or mjpeg with the specos? BI had a bunch of errors in the log with my mjpeg cameras (an old tenvis and some old no name) and i rolled back like you did and it was all fine after. i see the specs on the speco says they will do either (mpeg4 or mjpeg)

Agorist

n3wb
Reaction score
I can also confirm that the update pushed out today breaks one of my cameras, the Sharx 3905. The video stream just shows several different-colored bars. Also, the Android app shows a blank screen. I tried deleting and creating a new camera, unplugging/replugging in the camera. It works fine when I connect directly to the camera from a browser. Also, the cameras from the other manufacturers also all work (the defunct Logitech Alert, and a couple of garbage Foscams). Only the Sharx is affected.

Fortunately, I had downloaded BI 5 days ago to rebuild the disk with new OS and everything fresh and new, so I still had that download. I uninstalled BI, installed 4.4.7.1, and now it is working fine again. But, I first looked for older versions on their web site and only found ancient versions, not somewhat recent older versions -- are those stored anywhere? Regardless, I lucked out by not deleting install files like I usually do.

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no, there is no location for old versions, a number of people on the forum save them though, so you either have to save them yourselves, or just ask here and someone will have the version your looking for.

Fortunately, I had downloaded BI 5 days ago to rebuild the disk with new OS and everything fresh and new, so I still had that download. I uninstalled BI, installed 4.4.7.1, and now it is working fine again. But, I first looked for older versions on their web site and only found ancient versions, not somewhat recent older versions -- are those stored anywhere? Regardless, I lucked out by not deleting install files like I usually do.

gmaster1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeappp looks like mpeg4 cams don't work on this new update.

Nauip

n3wb
Reaction score
Welp, if anyone needs I have the 4.4.7.1 update to roll back to. Unfortunately I don't have the older installer.
Breaking support for mpeg4 cams seems like that would be a Bad Thing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You dont need a repository of old updates online. Simply download and install the updates manually from the website..now you have any update file you wish..

Nauip

n3wb
Reaction score
You dont need a repository of old updates online. Simply download and install the updates manually from the website..now you have any update file you wish..
Care to elaborate? If I go to Blue Iris Updates all I see is the current version update and a link to the full installer. Certainly NOT any version I wish.

No, I don't think it was intentional. I think it was a QA issue.I said breaking, no removing. I reported it here, you're replying in the thread I've reported it in.
This thread also lets people who are struggling to understand why their SIP/mpeg4 cameras stopped working and a solution has been presented.
I imagine there are also hundreds of emails to support that are also reporting the same trouble as common as mpeg4 is.

Common sense is to try to be helpful.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Care to elaborate? If I go to Blue Iris Updates all I see is the current version update and a link to the full installer. Certainly NOT any version I wish.

No, I don't think it was intentional. I think it was a QA issue.I said breaking, no removing. I reported it here, you're replying in the thread I've reported it in.
This thread also lets people who are struggling to understand why their SIP/mpeg4 cameras stopped working and a solution has been presented.
I imagine there are also hundreds of emails to support that are also reporting the same trouble as common as mpeg4 is.

Common sense is to try to be helpful.
First of all, this forum is NOT run by the blue iris developer, nor does he read this or any other forum. Reporting it here is useless, you need to email support. Second, if you would use common sense, you would have installed all your updates from the website, thus you would have any update you wish. Your comment was nasty and passive aggressive, you got the response deserved. There are issues with every VMS update regardless of brand because they support many different cameras. If you want through QA testing because you cant use common sense there are lots of other VMS options, however, they will update their software twice a year, add little to no features and charge you for the privilege of updating.
If you dont like the level of FREE support you get here, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Nauip

n3wb
Reaction score
And First - Blue Iris refers us here for community help. As far as can tell this is THE Blue Iris community support forums.
Searching Google for "Blue Iris Speco SIP problems, 2nd result gets people here, this very thread and thus an answer (if they have this specific issue). Again, helping the average Joe on the Web.

Second - Blue Iris updates itself. It has done so, trouble free for over a year. The name of that update is update.exe in the %Program Files%\Blue Iris folder, hence me not having every update.

Lastly, me posting here has offered specifics on an issue, the troubleshooting steps I've taken and a workaround (rolling back) and offered the 4.4.7.1 update to anyone who cares to ask for it.

I don't feel my comments were particularly nasty. I really don't get the hostility.

So - for anyone that wants/needs it - nauipDOTno-ipDOTorg/BI4471updateDOTrename2exe
fix the dots, paste into your browser and download there. this will downgrade 4.4.7.2 to 4.4.7.1
Keep in mind that BI defaults to auto-update, so turn that off first.

I'm done replying here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And First - Blue Iris refers us here for community help. As far as can tell this is THE Blue Iris community support forums.
Searching Google for "Blue Iris Speco SIP problems, 2nd result gets people here, this very thread and thus an answer (if they have this specific issue). Again, helping the average Joe on the Web.

Second - Blue Iris updates itself. It has done so, trouble free for over a year. The name of that update is update.exe in the %Program Files%\Blue Iris folder, hence me not having every update.

Lastly, me posting here has offered specifics on an issue, the troubleshooting steps I've taken and a workaround (rolling back) and offered the 4.4.7.1 update to anyone who cares to ask for it.

I don't feel my comments were particularly nasty. I really don't get the hostility.

So - for anyone that wants/needs it - nauipDOTno-ipDOTorg/BI4471updateDOTrename2exe
fix the dots, paste into your browser and download there. this will downgrade 4.4.7.2 to 4.4.7.1
Keep in mind that BI defaults to auto-update, so turn that off first.

I'm done replying here.
Its refers you here as a community forum not support from the manufacturer. IT IS NOT THE BLUE IRIS SUPPORT FORUM. THERE IS NOT OFFICIAL BLUE IRIS SUPPORT FORUM. Each time you MANUALLY download the update windows will automatically create a new name for it by adding a number at the end update(1).exe etc...Go back and read your comment...you come out of the gate nasty and passive aggressive...
Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

godfree1963

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This update has also broken my YCAM Knight MPEG4 RTSP
My old Y-cam bullet MPEG4+Audio was also broken and 4.4.7.4 has just been downloaded which has fixed the issue.
I mostly used my old Y-cam as an audio feed for my other cameras, nice to have sound back. :)

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Folks...for what it's worth, the latest update (version 4.4.8.0) broke my install and would not run at all. When launching Blue Iris, I would receive an error as soon as the UI came up. And looking at the error message it was reporting a Win32 exception error. I had to roll back to version 4.4.7.1 to get it working again. Many thanks to Zorac (and others) for making legacy installers available. At least I am back up and running again. I will wait to hear from others on stability before upgrading again. I love getting new features and still think Blue Iris is the best camera software at any price. So I'm patient understanding about bumps in the road. :)