4.6.3 - October 9, 2017 Ghosting / Artifacts Fix

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.6.3 - October 9, 2017

• Significant architectural changes have been made to the main camera frame processing loop in order to virtually eliminate the possibility for dropped frames when using direct-to-disc recording. With direct-to-disc, dropped frames cause "ghosting" or trailing artifacts evident during playback. When the CPU is slammed (at/near 100%) or the camera frame processing loop cannot keep up, the possibility for dropped frames increases, however with this update it is possible for frames to be recorded without further processing in order to insure that they make it into the file.

• A long-standing but rare (and difficult to reproduce) bug may now be fixed. This bug had the potential to cause the time stamps on video to drift from real-time, especially when frames are dropped due to high CPU load.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This patch makes me very happy if it works as claimed :) Can't wait to update my dad's system that has been a real PITA with dropped frames.

beckford

n3wb
Reaction score
Since ive done this update, my CPU usage had jumped from 17% to a constant 60%. also one of my cameras is kinda out of sync with the other one. I have 2 at the front of the house and when, say a car drives past, it wont be picked up on the one cameras untill maybe 40 to 50 secs after it has happend if that makes sense? When i restart the app, it calms down to 17% but if i go back to it later on its at 60%??

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My system has been as stable as ever. Are you 100% sure you aren't experiencing the memory leak in the Intel graphics driver?

What is different between the cameras? H.265 perhaps on one of them?

If you can figure out exactly what makes it unstable I am sure the developer would want to hear about it.

beckford

n3wb
Reaction score
I've looked at the other thread about the memory leak so have rolled back the video driver so will see what happens only have 4 cams 3 are hikvision 2042 and one is phylink covert spw129. had no issues prior to the update. When i restart the app, everything is fine for a few hours then peaks up. CPU is an I5 6500 3.20GHz 8GB ram optiplex 5040 with a 4TB purple with nothing else on it. even at 60% its still in the green but just find it odd that it would jump from 17% to that.