4.6.6 - January 4, 2018

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.6.6 - January 4, 2018

• Happy New Year!

• Primarily a big fix release

• Support for H.265 video on SUNBA and other port 34567 camera streams

• Camera windows displaying "inactive" or an error message will now always be shown zoomed-out and will not respond to the mouse-wheel zoom

• A new right-click option on the Clips list "include clips from excluded cameras" will allow you to view clips from all cameras regardless of whether the window is invisible due to other display settings

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been holding back from updating since my system was fairly stable. But wanted to try out new features so updated to latest 4.66

Of my 20 cameras that were working before 12 are getting "No Signal", and the weird thing is that many of them are the same
cameras as the ones that do work.

Was I supposed top change any configurations for new version, I thought it would work with my old setup but with just added features but it seems to have broken quite a few things

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been running 4.5.9.4, I have rebooted my Poe switch as well as the cameras but they still cant get signal

kriskross

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated to 4.6.6 a couple of days ago. This morning BI suddenly lost signal to all 6 cameras. I was able to access the cameras directly, so it wasn't my wiring or POE switch. BI froze when I tried to restart it, but after I got it back up again the camera signals were restored. I see that 4.6.6.1 is now out, so I'll update to that in case it's related.

Reaction score
I updated to 4.6.6 a couple of days ago. This morning BI suddenly lost signal to all 6 cameras. I was able to access the cameras directly, so it wasn't my wiring or POE switch. BI froze when I tried to restart it, but after I got it back up again the camera signals were restored. I see that 4.6.6.1 is now out, so I'll update to that in case it's related.
has 4.6.6.1 been stable for you?

kriskross

n3wb
Reaction score
has 4.6.6.1 been stable for you?
I only installed 4.6.6.1 today, so I can't really say. I'll report back if I have any problems. I don't know that BI losing signal this morning was due to the 4.6.6(.0) update, but I have been running BI since last September and this is the first time it happened. I've generally been installing software updates within a week or two of their release since I installed my system.

kriskross

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh fer crissakes, I was reading another thread (cpu utilization of BI process rises up to 100%) and the lightbulb went off. Sure enough, my Intel driver was stealth-updated recently, which is probably what caused my aforementioned signal-loss problem (runaway cpu utilization), NOT the 4.6.6 update. So, possibly not related to jjsmd's problem above. Meanwhile, 4.6.6.1 is chugging away nicely at 19% CPU now.

curado

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mine just did the same thing. Windows updated the intel driver to 22.20.16.4836 dated 10/17/17. CPU Usage 100% after a very short startup time.

I thought it was the BI update as well. Rolling back to 21.20.16.4664 ....

Here are the simple steps to disable this feature.
Stop automatic driver updates on Windows 10

Reaction score
any chance this Intel update was to resolve the spcetre/meltdown vulnerability? As I understand it, the update has the potential to decrease CPU efficiency by up to 20% depending on the type of work the CPU

curado

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is a kernel update for the spectre issue. The graphics card driver was updated also but I think completely unrelated.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
sorry, but where can I find the D/L for 4.6.6.1? thanks!