4.7.3 - April 20, 2018

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.7.3 - April 20, 2018

• The web browser interface has received a much-needed facelift. This comes courtesy of bp2008 and ruppmeister who have done some truly incredible work! This new interface (UI3) will be used now by default on non-IE browsers unless you turn it off on Options/Web server. For those who have been using the beta version of this interface, there is no longer a requirement to manually add ui3.htm to the URL. The new UI communicates with Blue Iris using the JSON interface just as the iOS and Android clients do, allowing for many advanced features.

• A bug fixed where the MQTT interface could not be used with a password.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
IE can't use H.264 and audio in UI3, but it can in the old default.htm due to the use of a plugin. That will be why. Actually, the old plugin is more efficient than the new javascript-based decoder thanks to the limitations of Javascript.

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey All...

I know it's been said a bunch of times, but I want to say it again....THANKS VERY MUCH to bp2008 and ruppmeister for making UI3 so great! I have been using it for a while now and really appreciate how feature rich and performant it is across a number of devices including the smart TV's in my house!

Great work guys and much appreciated!

mark4312

n3wb
Reaction score
UI3 is great. I'm really glad that it will reconnect even after a long network disconnection (this is important in my setup). Kudos guys. Thank you.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks so good! Finally no more low FPS MJPEGs. You guys are awesome.

bcr4977

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome! I'm very happy to see this as the new default ui. Thanks for working on this bp2008! :)

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm thinking about updating. Does 4.7.3 appear to be stable for everyone so far?

Reaction score
I had issues with the web UI when I upgraded.

1. Login page was not in the root directory - I was receiving a page not found error
  2. I discovered that the contents of the UI3 had not been installed into their root locations (they were all under the UI3/ folder) I moved them all over I was getting a $ not found java script error and no login page
  3. I deleted the WWW directory and re-installed BI from scratch
  4. Still a Java script error
  5. I moved the contents of UI3 into the root folder
  6. Once I did that I was getting an error about cookies - using a private browser window I was able to log in
  7. I nuked the cookies related to my url but that still didn't work - so I nuked my entire web cache (chrome) and then it started working.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yikes. I let the Blue Iris developer know that UI3 is being extracted to the wrong place in BI 4.7.3.1. That's going to make a small mess on a lot of people's systems :)

UI3 does require cookies to be enabled because that is how Blue Iris keeps track of your session.

Reaction score
Thanks - there must be an additional element that wasn't cleared when I cleared just the site cookies.

bebopblues

n3wb
Reaction score
I had issues with the web UI when I upgraded.

1. Login page was not in the root directory - I was receiving a page not found error
  2. I discovered that the contents of the UI3 had not been installed into their root locations (they were all under the UI3/ folder) I moved them all over I was getting a $ not found java script error and no login page
  3. I deleted the WWW directory and re-installed BI from scratch
  4. Still a Java script error
  5. I moved the contents of UI3 into the root folder
  6. Once I did that I was getting an error about cookies - using a private browser window I was able to log in
  7. I nuked the cookies related to my url but that still didn't work - so I nuked my entire web cache (chrome) and then it started working.
I can't access web UI as well after upgrade to latest BI.

Do I need to do ALL that to get it working or is there a better way?

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't access web UI as well after upgrade to latest BI.

Do I need to do ALL that to get it working or is there a better way?
Wait, there's more. He forgot you need to set actual fire to the WWW folder AFTER it's in the recycle bin, and then put the ashes in a secure eraser app. Once done, repeat up to 4 times for best results.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL you guys.

BI 4.7.3.1 installed UI3 wrong. To work around it and clean up after the mess it left, delete the entire UI3 folder, download the latest UI3 release from the github page, and extract it to "www", overwriting everything as necessary. That is all. It should not even be necessary to clear a browser cache, but as we all know, what should be and what is are two different things.

Here is the github link: bp2008/ui3

Last edited:

bebopblues

n3wb
Reaction score
LOL you guys.

BI 4.7.3.1 installed UI3 wrong. To work around it and clean up after the mess it left, delete the entire UI3 folder, download the latest UI3 release from the github page, and extract it to "www", overwriting everything as necessary. That is all. It should not even be necessary to clear a browser cache, but as well all know, what should be and what is are two different things.

Here is the github link: bp2008/ui3
Thanks, that worked.

Why haven't they fixed it? Or did they?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think Ken knew what the problem is. Once he catches up on email he ought to know what to fix and then there will be a patch.