4.7.3 - April 20, 2018

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Brian, should we still delete everything in UI3 folder (from 4.7.3.1 update) before updating to 4.7.3.2?

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I still get the error where the page is not found or LAN BI server URL not found with BI version 4.7.3.2. Deleted entire UI3 folder before updating. I downloaded the UI3 (9) from Github and extracted to UI3 folder, and everything works. Looks like there is still a bug? It looked like there were some files missing in UI3 when using the BI updater tool. BTW, I am using a Pixel 2 phone w/ Chrome.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I just tested, deleting everything related to UI3 and rerunning 4.7.3.2's update installer, and it installed fine. I don't know what happened in your case.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What's the error you are getting
I forgot what the exact error messages was, but something to the effect of "could not find LAN BI URL" Meaning it came back with my LAN BI server address and could not find it. Funny thing is, I got it working with the 4.7.3.1 update after dinking around a bit. Well any way it is working now after hand loading the UI3 files. I don't want to go back and do it again and break it. I am happy.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Was it a 404 error specifically, like this?

There may still be an issue with the installation, but if there is I don't see it.

Steven4x4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
UI 3 is looking good!
I really like the ability to play back a few minutes before and after the motion alert.
Thanks for all of your hard work on this and thank you for getting it into BI Officially.

Questions:
#1 UI2 vs UI3
In regards to UI2, if I change to a different tab, then came back to the UI 2 tab, it was as if I never looked away.
However, with UI3, I see a loading circle when I come back to that tab and there is a noticeable delay. Any way to resolve this.
Also, is there a way to permanently have it not time out after 10 minutes?

#2 When viewing an alert.
I can see the real time over lay in the top left hand corner, but often times, I find that it's not moving. While the the hour/minutes bar at the bottom is continuing to update.
Is that a bug, or is there any way to fix that?
Also, is it possible to have that show the time in the progress bar instead of the hours/minutes?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi.

#1 You're seeing the loading because UI3 is using H.264 (for better bandwidth usage and better frame rate). The H.264 stream takes longer to initialize so I gave it a loading spinner and it lasts long enough that you notice.

If you change UI3 to a jpeg streaming option it will work like UI2.

As for the timeout, the setting for this is in the UI Settings panel which is found in the main menu (3 dots in the upper right corner).

This will be remembered by your browser, but UI3 can't share your settings with other browsers so if you want to change the default, then make sure you've logged to the web interface in as a Blue Iris administrator, then at the very bottom of the UI Settings panel you will find this:

And you can read about how that works here in the UI3 help file: UI3 Help
The section you need to read is
Quick Start - Globally Override Default Settings

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
To answer your #2, the time in the upper left corner is only supposed to be the timestamp of the alert/clip you have open and it matches what you see in the alert/clip list. It does not update as the clip plays.

UI3 does not support putting the real time in the progress bar. I might add it later but it would take up more space (important on small screens!) and it wouldn't always be there or be inaccurate depending on your streaming method and the format of your recordings. Right now it just seems too messy to add.

You are really better off if you have your cameras embed timestamps in their streams.

Steven4x4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply and information.
I found the timeout setting in the overrides.js, but I wasn't able to identify the setting to default it to the JPEG Stream, do you know what that setting would be?

I'll look into enabling the timestamps in the camera's themselves.
I think the reason I originally disabled that feature in camera is because it didn't have the ability to dictate where that timestamp resided or what the camera name was.
But, I disabled that way back when I was using Foscam Wifi Cameras. Now I have Hikvision turrets.

Also, out of curiosity, what cameras are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I found the timeout setting in the overrides.js, but I wasn't able to identify the setting to default it to the JPEG Stream, do you know what that setting would be?
ui3_streamingQuality
value "A" is jpeg best quality.

Though it is best to just configure everything how you want and then download a new overrides file because that copies your current settings when you do it.

I use a mix of Hikvision and Dahua, though all my recent purchases have been Dahua. I also have an acti camera but it is pretty bad. I used to have a second acti but it had a bad lens, RMAd it, came back with another bad lens, so I just said screw it.

Xicaque

n3wb
Reaction score
Highly recommend running Nettime as a service, syncing cameras to that time. I had some trouble with this at first but once I got it working I don't know how I lived without it. Those camera clocks drift really bad.
Is nettime part of BI? I have not updated to the latest version. Glad I waited.