4.7.5 - May 23, 2018

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.7.5 - May 23, 2018

• A new option on the Webcast tab in camera properties (default ON) allows you to add camera overlays such as the timestamp when viewing direct-to-disc BVR video files via the UI3 interface or phone client apps.

• The JPEG quality setting has been removed from the Webcast tab. JPEG encoding will now use the value set for "encoder profiles" on the Options/Web server/Advanced window. This now allows you to restrict JPEG streaming quality per user and per stream number rather than per individual camera, bringing it into line with the way in which other encoding methods have been operating.

• Audio delay option added to Audio tab in camera properties. It may be necessary to use this if you are mating IP video with DirectShow audio.

• The "limit decoding unless required" option will now work with RTMP sources like ReoLink

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
4.7.5 - May 23, 2018

• A new option on the Webcast tab in camera properties (default ON) allows you to add camera overlays such as the timestamp when viewing direct-to-disc BVR video files via the UI3 interface or phone client apps.

• The JPEG quality setting has been removed from the Webcast tab. JPEG encoding will now use the value set for "encoder profiles" on the Options/Web server/Advanced window. This now allows you to restrict JPEG streaming quality per user and per stream number rather than per individual camera, bringing it into line with the way in which other encoding methods have been operating.

• Audio delay option added to Audio tab in camera properties. It may be necessary to use this if you are mating IP video with DirectShow audio.

• The "limit decoding unless required" option will now work with RTMP sources like ReoLink
Hi fenderman, sorry for the 'thickie' question, but you should be used to them by now from me ;)

Is the UI3 interface an alternative tool to be used on the BI PC only or can it be used to access BI using a web browser from anywhere?

We use the ipad/iphone App to access both live and recordings when in and away from the home. Viewing the recordings has become slow. We are currently running version 4.7.2.2 and I was wondering if updating to this latest version maybe the way round this?

As always, TIA xx

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
4.7.5 - May 23, 2018
Boy, I'm lovin' THAT! :p

Ken, if you're listening...."Thanks !"

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi fenderman, sorry for the 'thickie' question, but you should be used to them by now from me ;)

Is the UI3 interface an alternative tool to be used on the BI PC only or can it be used to access BI using a web browser from anywhere?

We use the ipad/iphone App to access both live and recordings when in and away from the home. Viewing the recordings has become slow. We are currently running version 4.7.2.2 and I was wondering if updating to this latest version maybe the way round this?

As always, TIA xx
ui3 can be used from anywhere, it replaces the old webserver.
slow viewing can be the result of slow upload speeds or slow network speeds/computer...one way to test whether it is slow when connected locally.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Boy, I'm lovin' THAT! :p

Ken, if you're listening...."Thanks !"
Glad that feature is there for folks that may use it, but it wasn't fun manually editing all of my cameras just now to disable it. :D

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had to downgrade after the update. I'm not sure what was causing it, but my BI service was crashing every 4-6 minutes. It could have been a combo of Windows 1803 update and the new BI update, but the lower version has been running OK since I reverted yesterday.

After the update, BI was running up the CPU to 100% about 3 minutes after it started. Turns out the windows update switched my GPU settings around, but after I got the hardware acceleration working again (I had to tell windows to use my integrated graphics for BI), I got my CPU back down to 40%, and it still would crash every few minutes. It doesn't look like the Intel drivers were updated (I have an i7-4790) with the windows update.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Bill Scruggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the same crashing issue on two computers. One uses harware acceleration one does not. I've contacted support and hope to hear back soon.

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having the same crashing issue on two computers. One uses harware acceleration one does not. I've contacted support and hope to hear back soon.
Do you have any Reo link cameras in your setup (or other RTMP streaming camera)? I'm wondering if this is a case of Reo Link causing me another headache.

Bill Scruggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have any Reo link cameras in your setup (or other RTMP streaming camera)? I'm wondering if this is a case of Reo Link causing me another headache.
Yes I do. I disabled the Reolinks and everything works fine.

Update: Unchecking "Limit decoding unless required" on the Reolinks solved my issue.

Last edited:

jdolina

n3wb
Reaction score
I do not have any reolinks am doing direct to disc all versions of 4.7.5 do not play back alert clips or others in the web server UI. If I go back to 4.7.4 it works fine.