4.8.0 - September 10, 2018

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

• New make/model selections for Nest/Dropcam now allow you to specify only the "public page" URL. The software will automatically use this to obtain the HTTPS/JPEG URL or UUID for RTMPS streaming. The public page requires no user/password, but is not actually "public" unless you distribute your UUID. When supported by your camera, the RTMPS option will provide a superior resolution, frame rate, and audio.

• Every password entry field now has a corresponding password "peak" eye icon.

• The web server has now disabled HTTP pipelining which was leading to issues with improper/incomplete responses under some load conditions. This scheme also has been deprecated by HTTP/2.

• A memory leak bug on the camera properties page has been corrected.

Steven4x4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not Good...

On the web interface, every 5-10 seconds I get:
"The video steam was lost. Attempting to reconnect..."

Then after a couple of times of doing that it will end with:
"The video stream was lost. Due to rapid failures, automatic reconnection will not occur."

I'm reverting back to an old version...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mine just automatically upgraded to 4.8.1 sometime today and I stopped getting email notifications of triggers... that's no good! I've rebooted the PC and hopefully that fixes the issue. The last alerts I got were around 11:15am and nothing since then - I know our dog walker came by at 1pm to pick up our dogs and I never got alerts from several cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine just automatically upgraded to 4.8.1 sometime today and I stopped getting email notifications of triggers... that's no good! I've rebooted the PC and hopefully that fixes the issue. The last alerts I got were around 11:15am and nothing since then - I know our dog walker came by at 1pm to pick up our dogs and I never got alerts from several cameras.
Automatic updates should always be disabled.... You can revert back by installing an older update file..

Steven4x4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I just unchecked the "Apply updates automatically" option. Where can I find the update prior to 4.8.0?
I download copies of the updates at the beginning and end of each day.
So, I should have whatever version you need, just let me know if you don't find what you are looking for.

Automatic updates should always be disabled.... You can revert back by installing an older update file..
Sadly this was not the case for me. I tried to simply install 4.7.8 and failed, told me a newer version was already installed and I had to uninstall it first.
I uninstalled it, checking the boxes that said, don't delete my stuff, still did. Veeam to the restore rescue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, I should have whatever version you need, just let me know if you don't find what you are looking for.

Sadly this was not the case for me. I tried to simply install 4.7.8 and failed, told me a newer version was already installed and I had to uninstall it first.
I uninstalled it, checking the boxes that said, don't delete my stuff, still did. Veeam to the restore rescue.
You should always have a backup of your settings this can easily be exported and evenly set to backup and Save.... It is possible that do the significant changes in the last couple of revisions it wouldn't let you go back... But I've never seen that before..

Reaction score

Thanks I appreciate the offer. I found an FTP site that had the 4.7.6.10 version from 8/15 available and installed it. I've started receiving alerts again - thankfully! I've also installed that updatehelper service which will save off the older versions.

Steven4x4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You should always have a backup of your settings this can easily be exported and evenly set to backup and Save.... It is possible that do the significant changes in the last couple of revisions it wouldn't let you go back... But I've never seen that before..
I typically haven't had to many problems with updates, so I didn't even bother backing up the settings.
I also knew I had a full Veeam restore and it doesn't take much time, so it didn't feel like it was to risky.

I was not aware of the Auto Back up feature. I just enabled it.
How often does it backup? I tried looking through the "help" built-in to BI, but wasn't finding it.

Thanks I appreciate the offer. I found an FTP site that had the 4.7.6.10 version from 8/15 available and installed it. I've started receiving alerts again - thankfully! I've also installed that updatehelper service which will save off the older versions.
You're Welcome - Glad you found what you were looking for.

Reaction score
Yea, I typically haven't had to many problems with updates, so I didn't even bother backing up the settings.
I also knew I had a full Veeam restore and it doesn't take much time, so it didn't feel like it was to risky.

How often does it backup? I tried looking through the "help" built-in to BI, but wasn't finding it.

Here's a thread about biupdatehelper...

Blue Iris Update Helper (BiUpdateHelper)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I

it is noted in the release notes
  • 4.7.0.1 Automatic settings backup at startup to "backup.reg" in the exe program files folder. Backups from two previous days are archived to backup2.reg and backup3.reg. You may disable this feature with a checkbox on the Options page. If you see gigabyte files created, you may be using Kaspersky antivirus, which is notorious for creating large registry entries for unknown purposes.

fastsvo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

• New make/model selections for Nest/Dropcam now allow you to specify only the "public page" URL. The software will automatically use this to obtain the HTTPS/JPEG URL or UUID for RTMPS streaming. The public page requires no user/password, but is not actually "public" unless you distribute your UUID. When supported by your camera, the RTMPS option will provide a superior resolution, frame rate, and audio.
Anyone tried the Nest option yet? I tried to configure my Nest doorbell cam and couldn't get it to work, so I reverted back to the old methodology per YouTube.

peterfram

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
---EDIT, this issue is fixed for website, in app update check still having issues.

In case it helps anyone, Blue Iris servers are down this morning. Blocks application update checks and Blue Iris - Download only returns "Service is unavailable".