4231 Snapshot button not doing anything

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
EDIT: Ok trying to get identical snapshots of 5442 with 2431 side by side.

My 2431 isn't saving a snapshot to my PC when I click snapshot button from web interface. My 5442 does it just fine.

Any ideas ?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the camera. Its the user. You need to properly setup the cameras and you need to take proper snapshots for comparison.
The 5442 images are crisper and have more detail.
There are many things wrong with this comparison. You are not using providing an actual snapshot from the camera but rather providing a cropped possibly digitally zoomed image from blue iris. The image is likely reencoded.

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure what you're trying to prove. In all the images you supplied, the 5442's image was superior to the 2431—less noise, more detail, less smearing, etc. I also note that your focal length is slightly greater on the 2431, which can give the illusion of better quality, just like people will often pick "louder" as better when comparing the fidelity of two audio clips, even if the softer one is actually less compressed/better eq, etc. Regarding taking a snapshot, I'd do it directly from the camera's web interface by clicking the little camera icon at the top right.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure what you're trying to prove. In all the images you supplied, the 5442's image was superior to the 2431. I also note that your focal length is slightly greater on the 2431, which can give the illusion of better quality, just like people will often pick "louder" as better when comparing the fidelity of two audio clips, even if the softer one is actually less compressed/better eq, etc. Regarding taking a snapshot, I'd do it directly from the camera's web interface.
Both 3.6mm but yeah somehow the 5442 is slightly wider field of view. Different focal lengths etc i guess.

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Both 3.6mm but yeah somehow the 5442 is slightly wider field of view. Different focal lengths etc i guess.
The 5442 has a larger sensor; thus a lens with the same focal length projecting the same size image over a larger sensor area will result in a wider field of view. The fact that the 5442 camera proceeds to provide better image detail despite its wider field of view is a testament to its higher quality.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried factory reset and this 2431 will not take snapshots at all from webpage. Tried phone, different pc, different browsers. All work fine on 5442. Any ideas ?