4300S-V2 firmware update fail

salival

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Recently purchased a 4300S-v2 (dh-ipc-hfw4300s-v2-0600b) and no matter what version FW I try and upload to it, it fails.

It's currently running 2.420.0002.0.R, build : 2014-06-21

When you watch via telnet this is the output that /var/tmp/upgraded sees:

UPGRADED_MSG: Received : 29868757, FileSize : 29868757
UPGRADED_MSG: Download Complete
UPGRADED_MSG: DoDownLoad success!
UPGRADED_MSG: Flash init success
UPGRADED_MSG: hwid file success!
UPGRADED_MSG: native 1
UPGRADED_MSG: verify_native fail
UPGRADED_ERR: LINE: 543: verify_p failed
[libpdi] Read: blkIndex: 0,pageIndex: 1,byteIndex: 0 ,fLag: aa
[libpdi] ERROR (PDI_flashWriteBackUpFlag|1421): This page cannot be written!
UPGRADED_ERR: LINE: 145: Upgraded failed

I have spent hours googling and a few people have this issue but no-one has solved it.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
From a Google search it sounds like it may be a locale mismatch problem.
Did you come across this thread in your searches? Looks like quite a lot on info on the topic.
http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45012

*edit* And contrast the moderator response on the thread contents ...
Hi.
I think these firmware posts are going to far .
Once it's been stated its to help Chinese copy real software . Then it become software theft.
Everyone in the security industry install to protect customers home or businesses from theft or protect against.
Both hikvision and dahua work hard to try and stop there software getting back into china copy.
Asking people to send firmware from real cameras to open it up for others to use is a big copyright problem and is also theft.

This forum has become in the last few weeks a porthole to help allied new egg ebay sellers to continue selling copy cameras
Copyright theft is not a good way to go for the forum ... And not good for hikvision or dahua distributors or OEM companies
Chimes copies are taking there business away ..... And also making the names of dahua or hikvision not a reliable security system to use in high end installs .... With all back door openings to there software being posted to everyone

salival

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I followed all of "cctv_007" forum posts regarding it, he seems to be having exactly the same issues as I am.

I didn't like the moderators response either, no-one is trying to reverse engineer it to profit, they are just trying to get it working since support is non existant!

You can't even find the firmware files on the Dahua website at all.

My issue is if I follow his steps he takes, the camera will reboot half way through after a failed flash, I also don't have the English.txt files, My SimpChinese.txt is in english as well.

From a Google search it sounds like it may be a locale mismatch problem.
Did you come across this thread in your searches? Looks like quite a lot on info on the topic.
http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45012

*edit* And contrast the moderator response on the thread contents ...

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
sorry to revive and old thread, but I'm in the same boat with an HFW-4300s-v2, currently on 2.420.0007.0.R 2015/04/09.

did you ever find a way to update firmware? Mine's in Chinese and while it's working and i COULD use it as-is, I'd rather get the UI working in English if at all possible...