4k output display and DS-7608NI-E2/8P

ravencsr

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they have hooked this nvr to a 4k pc monitor?

I will be buying a 4k monitor for work purposes and I want the monitor to be able to switch (via a UHD Kvm switch) between pc mode and the actual gui of the nvr(not the web based gui).

Thanks

ravencsr

n3wb
Reaction score
And another Q,

If you use the nvr's built in GUI then that would not be slowing down the network as much if not, at all, compared to using the web based gui as the web based gui has to send and receive information back and forth to the router?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And another Q,

If you use the nvr's built in GUI then that would not be slowing down the network as much if not, at all, compared to using the web based gui as the web based gui has to send and receive information back and forth to the router?
The spec sheet will list the video output capability...that is an old model so likely not.
Using the built in webserver does not use much data and will have zero effect on your internal network.

ravencsr

n3wb
Reaction score
spec sheet has
HDMI/VGA output: 1-ch, resolution: 1920 × 1080P /60Hz
At least I would be able to see HD

So , fenderman, using the built in webserver on a browser for viewing and admin tasks would be 'nicer' on the eyes then, without being too much of a drain on system resources?