4MP Hikivision vs 1.3MP Dahua - Settings Recommendations

Reaction score
I recently had to replace all my 1.3MP cameras. They all died within a week.... weird. I went with 4MP hikivisions, and I'm a little unimpressed with the quality I'm getting with night vision. Lots of "objects" around the persons in this video, and the details are not as fine as I would have expected.

I've played with settings, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Id gladly take some suggestions on to what I can set things to so that I will get a little better performance.

Original Dahua 1.3MP Footage
Dropbox - Driveway.20160815_025439_1.avi

Hikivision 4MP Footage With External Light
Dropbox - 10.17.17SearchedCars.mp4

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently had to replace all my 1.3MP cameras. They all died within a week.... weird. I went with 4MP hikivisions, and I'm a little unimpressed with the quality I'm getting with night vision. Lots of "objects" around the persons in this video, and the details are not as fine as I would have expected.

I've played with settings, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Id gladly take some suggestions on to what I can set things to so that I will get a little better performance.

Original Dahua 1.3MP Footage
Dropbox - Driveway.20160815_025439_1.avi

Hikivision 4MP Footage With External Light
Dropbox - 10.17.17SearchedCars.mp4
This is normal for 4mp cameras - too many pixels for a small sensor...that is why there are lots of posts in the dahua starlight and hikvision low light cam threads...your bitate is way too high...wasting storage space..