4MP Live Stream on Mac OS X with Firefox plugin just flickers?

msqr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey, small issue here, but are any folks here Mac users? Specifically, with the Web components plugin from Hikvision for Firefox on Mac, 4MP feeds always flicker and are unwatchable, but if for example I switch to a lower resolution feed (e.g. on the same camera, or on a different one), it's fine. Known issue? Thanks.

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It does the same thing for me with Safari. I usually changed the "web components" to quicktime and it works just fine with 4MP stream then.

sdguy619

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever find a resolution?

pghcamman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check the firmware version also. I know this was an issue on the 4mp a couple of firmware versions ago. upgrading might fix the flickering.

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i also have the same issue (July 2016) on my macOS and i have upgraded the Cams and the NVR to the newest HikVision firmware.
Only when i switch to the FullHD resolution it´s ok.

On my PC with Firefox i have no issues with 2566 x 1520 resolution...
Any ideas?

Best regards
Bastian

jjlee777

n3wb
Reaction score
No solution for me either. I am running macOS Sierra (10.12.1) and the latest firmware (5.4.1) with no video stream at 4MP. I downloaded iVMS-4200 and you can view the full 4MP stream.

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
guy's have to tried using UDP instead of TCP, a new Mac webcomponents is coming to fix this issue, been testing for a while.

jjlee777

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried switching the local settings to UDP with MAC_web_component_For_IPC_v3.0.5.26 and still no picture. I will just have to wait for the next update and see.

jjlee777

n3wb
Reaction score
That worked! I didn't have to change settings to UDP and kept TCP and full main stream shows up in the live view, playback, and image settings. Thanks!

jjlee777

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually live view is smooth, but playback is glitchy. I was only able to playback once successfully, but skipping in the timeline makes the video fail to start.

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, wait for the update due this month, that should fix the issues.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Andy, as you seem to have a good and regular dialogue with Hikvision, I'm wondering if you could sneak in a question.
On the 76xxNI-Ex NVR K41 3.4.90 firmware there is an 'Eagle Eye Mode' button on the web GUI Playback screen that doesn't work due to some coding bugs - but I'm really curious what it's intended function is. And when it will burst into life.
Many thanks in advance.

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy, as you seem to have a good and regular dialogue with Hikvision, I'm wondering if you could sneak in a question.
On the 76xxNI-Ex NVR K41 3.4.90 firmware there is an 'Eagle Eye Mode' button on the web GUI Playback screen that doesn't work due to some coding bugs - but I'm really curious what it's intended function is. And when it will burst into life.
Many thanks in advance.
I'll ask, but the guy I normally speak to is on his hols atm, but I will defiantly leave a message to ask.