4mp Turrett sending emails without attachments

themow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know I am missing something simple here but I have been at it for days. I get emails on motion detect but there is nothing attached. Are there any guides?? I have searched and searched

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know I am missing something simple here but I have been at it for days. I get emails on motion detect but there is nothing attached. Are there any guides?? I have searched and searched
advanced>network>email ..check attach image.

themow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is no advanced tab in my Dahua.
It network-smtp(email)- attachment is checked.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no advanced tab in my Dahua.
It network-smtp(email)- attachment is checked.
Sorry I though it was a hikvision camera...never tested the function on the dahuas...maybe @vector18 can shed some light.

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have snapshot checked off in motion detect section?

themow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I Do. I also have it enable checked in the MD section.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have had the same issue here and there and when I worked with tech support from my distributor, we concluded it was the email service blocking the attachment or the ISP of where the NVR was not sending it out. For all the times I've had to use that feature, it has worked 50/50. I just can't say if it's the Dahua NVR not sending it or the ISP. Try sending to a different email service if you can. If you can, try using a Gmail account. I was told that would have the best luck.

themow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I am using gmail to gmail. I will see if I can go gmail to something else.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you getting 3 emails? The motion detec email, the attachment email, but without a pic, and the motion clear email?

themow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got it working.
Had to go into storage section and enable nas and ftp under motion detect. Strange since I do not have this camera configured to any storage at all.

Last edited by a moderator: