5.0.3 - New Edge Vector Motion Algorithm

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just because of the level of snark here, the camera is about 250 miles away so I cannot just wipe it away, like with a cloth or something. ;)
Just don't mention that it's a dome and you're good. ;)

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
reading this thread at 3am because I just switched to V5 yesterday and was shocked that it didn't catch any movement of a catalytic converter thief an hour ago. I had to manually alert for it after just barely catching it and it didn't pickup any movement outside from the police or resident out there after either, crazy! I didn't notice the algorithm changed but had a suspicion when it failed and of course it was switched to default despite importing my own settings.. I get them wanting everyone to try a new algo and even defaulting it for a new camera but forcing it during a settings import for pre-existing setups is a reckless imo. Edge vector is as good as off seemingly but it sounds like it just struggles in dark areas with shadows? This was at night with street light no IR.

Noticing other small things in the update like no more negative space at the edge when a cam is full screen which is useful to click on to refocus the app without triggering ptz movement but I can just zoom out for now. I just hope there aren't any other surprises because changes causing missed alerts have real world consequences especially in a burning democrat city!