5.2.2 - March 20, 2020 Intel hardware H.265 decodingand H.264 encoding

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.2.2 - March 20, 2020
Video components were updated and the Intel hardware decoding interface was redesigned
and recoded in an attempt to bring some missing features online such as H.265 decoding
and H.264 encoding. The 64-bit version is required for all hardware acceleration.
The BlueIrisService.exe was compiled for 64-bit and now uses updated methods to stop the
running BlueIris.exe without resorting to a force-close.

EDIT: Changes were made to the release notes in 5.2.2.3
Video components were updated and the Intel hardware decoding interface was redesigned
and recoded in an attempt to bring some missing features online such as H.265 decoding
and H.264 encoding. The 64-bit version is required for all hardware acceleration, and you
may need to now update your Nvidia drivers if you were using this. For backward
compatibility concerns for now, you must select “BETA Intel” as the hardware decoding
method on the Video tab in camera settings if you want to help test this.

The release notes have been updated for 5.2.2.4
and H.264 encoding. The 64-bit version is required for all hardware acceleration, and you
may need to now update your Nvidia drivers if you were using this. New hardware
decoding options include DXVA2 and D3D11VA, but these may still be in “beta.”

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I only saw 1-2% Video Decode usage in task manager. But I'm pretty sure none of the cams were actually working with HA on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL, nah, lots of software engineers can and do work from home regularly.
They may be working from home, but I dont think anyone is pushing updates. At least none that I have seen.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Needed to turn off HA manually

After install Intel HA cameras displayed color bars for +/- 30seconds then No Signal I/O error: 0.

Saw this thread only after error occurred; when possible, could a "Warning" is published it be linked in the new version announcement?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Needed to turn off HA manually

After install Intel HA cameras displayed color bars for +/- 30seconds then No Signal I/O error: 0.

Saw this thread only after error occurred; when possible, could a "Warning" is published it be linked in the new version announcement?
All you need to do is rollback to a previous version. As usual dont upgrade the second an update is pushed.

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All you need to do is rollback to a previous version. As usual dont upgrade the second an update is pushed.
Yep, that's what I get for being on the bleeding edge... but I did give it all of 2 hours ;)

Normally the updates are pretty solid.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They may be working from home, but I dont think anyone is pushing updates. At least none that I have seen.
I had a lot of photo editing software updates in the past 5-7 days. Some from France and UK.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5.2.2 - March 20, 2020
and H.264 encoding. The 64-bit version is required for all hardware acceleration.
The BlueIrisService.exe was compiled for 64-bit and now uses updated methods to stop the
running BlueIris.exe without resorting to a force-close.
Could you share where you get such detailed update descriptions? I tried to find the details about "Video component updates", checked the BI website etc. but couldn't find anything. Thank you for posting these regularly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Could you share where you get such detailed update descriptions? I tried to find the details about "Video component updates", checked the BI website etc. but couldn't find anything. Thank you for posting these regularly.
This is included in the help file with every release. I just copy paste.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is included in the help file with every release. I just copy paste.
Thank you. I didn't realize the help file is updated every time. When I browse it it always lacks explanation for some features/settings. I thought it was always behind.