5.2.7.0 - RTSP sub-streams for high-MP cameras

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
disable multicast. Its completely unrelated. Every camera has a separate substream path as noted in the prior posts. See post 5.
Well, I was making that harder than it needed to be. Thanks.

Wow, that dropped me down from around 30% to 1%. :wow:

One Percent.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes, great explanation; I didn't think of that for this application. Copy/pasting from zone maps with identical resolution should be possible however, but to date can't get it working. I'll bet it's a feature Ken hasn't had time to work out quite yet.
It wouldn't be that hard for Blue Iris to enable copy/paste from different resolutions and aspect ratios, just by re-scaling what you copied to fit where you paste it. In fact it would be great if Blue Iris gave you a list of resolutions that had motion zones defined for your camera and let you copy from each of them. But all of this requires work and someone would have to suggest it to the developer.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It wouldn't be that hard for Blue Iris to enable copy/paste from different resolutions and aspect ratios, just by re-scaling what you copied to fit where you paste it. In fact it would be great if Blue Iris gave you a list of resolutions that had motion zones defined for your camera and let you copy from each of them. But all of this requires work and someone would have to suggest it to the developer.
Thanks for the feedback BP--I'll send a note to Ken :goodpost:[/QUOTE]

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'd like to give this sub stream feature a try. I have mostly all Dahua 5231 ZE cameras. How can I find what the camera's sub stream address for BI is? Here's an example of one of cameras. It's working in BI but that Main Stream address looks weird (/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif). Thanks!

Attachments

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very happy with this new feature!

I have turned on & selected sub-stream for all 28 cameras and now have CPU (at idle) sitting at around 10% instead of 40%

Stable with 5.2.7.1

Not stable with 5.2.7.2 (crashes when selecting individual cameras and have to kill the service to restart)

Good things take time.

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd like to give this sub stream feature a try. I have mostly all Dahua 5231 ZE cameras. How can I find what the camera's sub stream address for BI is? Here's an example of one of cameras. It's working in BI but that Main Stream address looks weird (/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif). Thanks!

On all my Dahua cameras (including 5231 ZE)..... I used /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

(i.e. copy and paste your main string but change the zero to a one under "subtype"

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
On all my Dahua cameras (including 5231 ZE)..... I used /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

(i.e. copy and paste your main string but change the zero to a one under "subtype"
Thanks! Have you tried using sub stream 2? Just curious because it has a 1080P option and I could use it with a low frame and bit rate.

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I
I will... Thanks!
just tried 1080p with subtype=2 and it did not work for me
[edit=forgot to enable substream 2 in the camera... just did that and now it works on BI at 1080p using subtype=2]

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I

just tried 1080p with subtype=2 and it did not work for me
[edit=forgot to enable substream 2 in the camera... just did that and now it works on BI at 1080p using subtype=2]
It worked for me. I'm running 5.2.7.2.

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cool

5.2.7.2 worked for me..... until I tried to maximize individual cameras. At first it worked (and showed the full resolution stream when double clicked on a camera) but after several cameras were switched to sub-stream, it became unstable and would crash when individual cameras were selected.

Happy enough with 5.2.7.1 for now

The most significant improvement for me is UI3. Before this upgrade, the CPU usage would go up to nearly 100% when someone logged in with UI3... now there is hardly any change in CPU usage - this is a massive improvement over just using "limit decoding" which is what I was using before, to keep 28 cameras [~1300 MP/s] down to an acceptable CPU load

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
cool

5.2.7.2 worked for me..... until I tried to maximize individual cameras. At first it worked (and showed the full resolution stream when double clicked on a camera) but after several cameras were switched to sub-stream, it became unstable and would crash when individual cameras were selected.

Happy enough with 5.2.7.1 for now

The most significant improvement for me is UI3. Before this upgrade, the CPU usage would go up to nearly 100% when someone logged in with UI3... now there is hardly any change in CPU usage - this is a massive improvement over just using "limit decoding" which is what I was using before, to keep 28 cameras [~1300 MP/s] down to an acceptable CPU load
I always use UI3 to view cameras so hopefully it won't be an issue for me. I have 11 cameras running, CPU used to be around 45%. Now it's running pretty steady around 18%.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
CPU usage got wrecked because you did not disable "Require/decode all camera frames when streaming" here, which is enabled by default.

1588464440505.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I also just see BI crash when I double-click a camera. I never saw it open the full resolution stream. Afterward, I had to kill BlueIris.exe (running as service) before the local console would re-launch successfully.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
bit of a weird issue for me... when i setup substreams I setup now motion detection rules... I came from A, B, C, D, E zones to just a simple "A" zone.

However, whenever I playback the last motion detection, it seems that it is still adopting the OLD motion detection rules (zone crossing) rather than the new A only zone?

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow. This could be HUGE! If this works! My cameras support two different stream formats.. if I could take advantage of hardware acceleration of h264 for live view on the substream AND high quality direct to disk space saving of h265 for mainstream. I’m sold

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
bit of a weird issue for me... when i setup substreams I setup now motion detection rules... I came from A, B, C, D, E zones to just a simple "A" zone.

However, whenever I playback the last motion detection, it seems that it is still adopting the OLD motion detection rules (zone crossing) rather than the new A only zone?

That makes a certain amount of sense ;) Another reason why BI should be taught to rescale motion zones and use only one motion zone set regardless of resolution. I guess you should tell BI support. He probably won't respond but hopefully will see your message and put it on his todo list.