5.2.7.0 - RTSP sub-streams for high-MP cameras

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone configured sub-streams for the Reolinks? 423 & 520. The main stream string reads /bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={......}
change "main" to "sub"

/bcs/channel0_sub.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={......}

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ONVIF Device manager is a good and free program. It will illustrate the correct URL to use in the BI parameters. Toggle between streams and the URL will be listed during the live view screen.
Aye, I've downloaded and got it working quickly. The cameras appear in this app; but not in BI strangely!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to logon to the cam itself and check and set the substream there, in BI you are simply configuring to use it but if the substream isn’t actually enabled in the cam then BI won’t be able to pull the stream.

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need to logon to the cam itself and check and set the substream there, in BI you are simply configuring to use it but if the substream isn’t actually enabled in the cam then BI won’t be able to pull the stream.
Thanks - but that seems to be half the problem! I can use both v7 & v8 of the Reolink Software. Both provide settings for Main & Sub-Stream, but not how they are enabled... Reolink haven't updated their FAQ on connecting to BI. I've had them working under Reolink description rather than Generic/ONVIF - but for some reason (probably Network related) I can't now view in BI.

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are enabled by default as far i can tell. There is also no option to disable substreams on my 520.

maybe youcan try the follow option as substream:

/h264Preview_01_sub

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They are enabled by default as far i can tell. There is also no option to disable substreams on my 520.

maybe youcan try the follow option as substream:

/h264Preview_01_sub
I suspect on their app, the streams are governed by choosing, Fluent, Balanced, Clear etc?
I'll give that setting a go, thank you....

inline6

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the ONVIF app when you select Sub-stream and view it in Live the sub URL should show in the bottom of the screen.