5.3.5 - November 27, 2020

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That's another thing that bothers me, but I didn't mention in my email to BI. I thought, expected, that if a second video stream is found that both the main and substream fields would auto populate. I guess not.

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am seeing BI behaviour that looks like the ONVIF motion alarm reset message is not being processed reliably. I have event clips that are hours long (like up to 8 hours) when they should be less than a minute. The recording icon is not displayed in BI when these extended event clip recordings are happening as well.

I find the modern IVS is way more robust than BI's alarm detection so I have migrated to IVS alarms just about entirely.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@IAmATeaf Are you seeing "normal" behavior with BI motion detection with the version you're running and what version are you running?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine are working fine, after the update you do need to do a Find/Inspect and then set the streams which is all I’ve done.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@IAmATeaf What version are you running? Every time I've tried the "latest and greatest", done the find and inspect, I have to go into the camera and shut off substream2, correct the substream number in BI and still get no, zero, zilch, ONVIF triggers and BI motion detection is degraded as well. I've even stopped and restarted the service and tried a reboot not to mention deleting and re-creating the camera within the "latest and greatest".

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Just updated today to 5.3.6.2, was running the previous 5.3.6.1 version prior.

When you do the find/inspect what do the 2 fields in the lower left of the dialog have, mine have 00000 and 00000, which will be specific to my 5231-ze cams.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@IAmATeaf - did you experience the BI turning on substream 2 or did it auto pull substream 1?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
@IAmATeaf - did you experience the BI turning on substream 2 or did it auto pull substream 1?
On my cams I run substream 2 but although it detected it it set the substream to 1 so had to use the drop down to then select 2.

The ONVIF source fields are important, when you find/inspect you’ll see the details which have to match, with the original update the second field had something like VideoSourceStream or some similar text which for me stopped the external triggers from being detected.

View attachment 76294

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, the fields are populated with the same "0000" digits. From what you're saying BI is detecting a stream that is not in use, already. I may give it a try with both substreams shut off and see what happens. I've had zero luck with anything after 5.3.4.3

Reaction score
Yes, the fields are populated with the same "0000" digits. From what you're saying BI is detecting a stream that is not in use, already. I may give it a try with both substreams shut off and see what happens. I've had zero luck with anything after 5.3.4.3
OK... had to experiment a bit and everything seems to be working right now. the Dahua PTZ (SD49225XA-HNR) was the only one NOT behaving properly with ONVIF triggering. Manually adjusted the auto-populated fields and I got it going....
Here are my PTZ settings....
I manually changed the "subtype=" part to =0 and =1 (on the substream) as shown below. I ignored the dropdown selections-- it would change them when I went back to look.

1607407051007.png

Reaction score
So--- overnight on my PTZ, it generated several alerts in BI via ONVIF.

The problem--- it is recording at 856x480 and keeps reverting back to that no matter what I do.

1607434864674.png

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Do the drop down list for the main stream and substreams not have the correct source? They do for mine but by default it had selected substream 1 so I had to use the drop down to select substream 2.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've managed to get it working too, 5.3.6.2. I had to go into each camera and watch the substream status. BI always selected substream 2 so I left it at that and disabled substream 1. On my 5442s the detection zones went out the window, entirely, and I had to reconstruct them, a PITA. I'm still having trouble with an Amrest, 2MP, 841 camera. BI only sees one stream at a time but it worked fine with both streams under earlier versions. Find/Inspect sees both streams but it only sees the substream once it's configured. I've tried using the Amcrest setup, rather than generic, which is what BI finds, and have even deleted and re-installed the camera. I'll keep plugging away at it.

This new ONVIF setup seems to be fairly buggy so far. The only reason I'm not reverting back, again, is that I'll have to go into all the cameras again as well as reconfig in BI.