5.3.8 - January 12, 2021

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.3.8 - January 12, 2021
By default, alerts are simply database entries which reference actual video files (clips). You
may now right-click on the alerts list to export individual alert segments as video files. If
you choose to “replace” the alert, the MP4 file reside in the Alerts folder. When you open
the alert while it’s still associated with a clip, the clip will be opened for playback, not the
exported file.
You may also choose to automatically export alerts as MP4 videos with a new option on the
Trigger tab in camera settings. This may be useful for immediate backup or AI analysis or
alert video.
When you delete a clip, its alerts which have their own associated files (JPEG or MP4), now
will remain in the alerts list and the alerts folder.
Alert list items are now updated with any additional trigger sources and zones when the
trigger ends.
Clip list preview images are prepared and drawn asynchronously in order to display the clip
list more efficiently and to retain UI responsiveness on systems with very large displays and/
or large databases.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This one errors out on me no matter what I try. I went back to 5.3.7.13 without issue. YMMV.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed with this update so far also is .. That the oldest alerts are now on the top.. Instead of the newest one..

Even when I have listed it as Sort by newest first..

1610506138631.png

Update - This is also on 5.3.8.1 - Apart from this so far pretty stable.. for me I am also noticing less ram utilization as well with this update which is nice.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It looks like the Oldest/Newest option have somehow been switched, if you select Oldest then it seems to order the clips as per Newest.

TheSwede

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, sort order was inverted but it also instead of playing next clip it moves to the previous one.

It's just a normal mistake :)

Brgds The Swede

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Unfortunately, same thing for me with 5.3.8.1. It opens, puts the cams up, hesitates (I guess it's trying to put the clips up) and errors out.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Same thing for me with 5.3.8.2. It opens, puts the cams up, hesitates (I guess it's trying to put the clips up) and errors out. Since it seems to lose it when attempting to load clips, I'll go through last night's and see if there is anything of interest and then delete them and try it again fresh.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So that was it. Even though I had already tried the Repair/Regenerate, there was something about the database that it just didn't like. Deleting all the clips fixed it. Everything looks good now.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I post this problem in trepidation. Having updated from 5.3.7.12 to 5.3.8.4, Blue Iris restored all settings and runs fine except it's now no longer running as a service. Unfortunately, BI now prompts for a password to restore service. So far as I know, my windows password is blank but I've tried unsuccessfully every password I can think of (although I must confess to having a track record of screwups with Windows and Microsoft passwords, especially when I try to change administrator details).

Any suggestions on how to fix this please? 5.3.8.4 installed OK when BI was running, but I did it from the left-hand download icon on the main BI website.

Screenshot 2021-01-15 123552.pngScreenshot 2021-01-15 123733.png

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The account you use is the one that you used to do the install and you cannot have a blank password. So if that is the account you used in the screenshot you’ll need to set a password.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. My recollection (could be wrong) is that there was a similar looking window that I left blank when I installed 5.3.3.4 and was accepted. But, underlining my lack of understanding, now when I reboot the PC, a window with the user name "david" has started to appear (as the default) instead of the correct one "David Lonsdale" (but I know not why). I have to select "David Lonsdale" to start Windows. I notice that "david" is the name in the service window, but changing it to "David Lonsdale" doesn't work even though I know the password as well as the PIN. Don't know how to get rid of the "david" account.

Should I try reinstalling BI, perhaps uninstalling the present one first and this time take more care about windows that pop up?

image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpeg

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The accounts of which you're asking are Windows accounts. Doing something with Blue Iris will not change those accounts. To do that, you need to go in to Windows/Settings/Accounts

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Blue Iris now running as a service . Yet again, many thanks guys for your help. I eventually twigged that when I log into Windows, the login window shows my name and I use a PIN. But if I choose to log in with my password instead, I need to use my email and not my name. And, it looks like the links wittaj/fenderman to bp2008’s reg thing in March has cleared the local console login window as well.
Wonderful!

Given the success, I’ll now try to get rid of the bogus “david” account that so far as I know, Mr Microsoft decided I needed and not me.

tripp396

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On 5.3.8.7 and it seems a couple of my cameras are slow to take JPEG Snapshots when motion is detected. I've changed no settings in regard to motion detection and my backdoor camera used to start taking snap shots by the time i was half way out the door. Now I have to walk around for 10-15 seconds before it starts taking snapshots. Noticed this on the camera by my front door, too. Essentially missing the mailman and getting him by the time he's at the end of my sidewalk walking away