5.4.0 firmware for EN/US R6 (2x42) cameras. SSH re-enabled. PSH disabled

Reme

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried on my 2142 cam, works perfectly!
admin@192.168.0.30's password:
montecrypto repack
# ls
bin home root
board_vin0_vsync_irq_gpio init sbin
config lib srv
dav linuxrc sys
davinci mnt tmp
dev opt usr
etc proc var
#

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What's known as a tour de force, quite a lot of work would have gone into that, and one in the eye for Hikvision's pointless attempts to stop people making best use of their products.
Too many smart people in the world for that to succeed.

wooferclaw

n3wb
Reaction score
I have one small question. Trying to connect to camera via ftp (after starting ftpd) but same login and pass as I use for SSH seems not to work. Can you help me with establishing ftp access to camera filesystem?

montecrypto

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have one small question. Trying to connect to camera via ftp (after starting ftpd) but same login and pass as I use for SSH seems not to work.
The ftpd contains a hardcoded crypt() hash "ToCOv8qxP13qs" which corresponds to the password "hiklinux". I tried it with the username "root", it did not seem to work. Why would you need ftp? You can transfer everything you need through nfs or cifs mounts.

uint32_t

n3wb
Reaction score
The ftpd contains a hardcoded crypt() hash "ToCOv8qxP13qs" which corresponds to the password "hiklinux". I tried it with the username "root", it did not seem to work. Why would you need ftp? You can transfer everything you need through nfs or cifs mounts.
Can you also not just use scp over ssh? I usually just use scp to copy files/folders between linux devices/machines with ssh enabled. Grab yourself a copy of ubuntu and use that to scp files, its far easier than messing around with cifs shares on windows etc...

eg:
scp ./filename root@ipaddress:/tmp/filename

wooferclaw

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately scp is not included (you need to rebuild dropbear) in dropbear ssh that is used in hikvision cameras.

peraburek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
is it posible with this firmware, to setup two different listening ports for Hikvision Camera HTTP

for example both TCP 80 and TCP 8080 ?

peraburek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Speed666 - I would gladly use HTTPS but Hikvision Push Notifications for some reason only use HTTP

so if I adjust HTTP port number in camera to match port forwarded on router (it has to be the same port number example: HTTP 9223 camera <-> TCP 9223 router) then Push Notification are working in iVMS-4500, but camera is not available on port 80 anymore

it is not a big issue, just a question if it is possible

Last edited by a moderator: