5.4.1 - April 3, 2021 - Support for DeepStack facial recognition

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
That is so the Reolink users don't complain about missing motion:lmao:
Yea on the brighter side I aint missing anything Now .. Oh wait but I am recording 24/7 anyways haha.

Notified this to BI already via email. Falling back to earlier build until this is fixed.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I am on the latest one 5.4.1.3 and now nothing is being identified at night. Anyone else make the jump yet?
Interesting, When I try to install it about 10 mins ago it was not there,I think BI Pulled it back and was not available anymore. I guess BI is aware of this.

One thing I should say is MAN its really late at night here in US. Yet we still are seeing some work being done very actively at this hour. This show some serious dedication / love from BI.

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can anyone throw light on how Record when alerted functions?

cscoppa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anyone throw light on how Record when alerted functions?
It seemed to work during the short period I ran it. I just wish we had a way to review the images easily showing detected objects (in UI3 ideally) like you can with AI Tool. It helps with fine tuning your settings.

Best I came up with is "burning in" the detections and manually browsing the folder, but it would be cool if there was a way to view them in UI3.

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It seemed to work during the short period I ran it. I just wish we had a way to review the images easily showing detected objects (in UI3 ideally) like you can with AI Tool. It helps with fine tuning your settings.
What does it do and how do you set it up? I don't see any facility to setup only Record when alerted

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I am monitoring my driveway for vehicles how can I do this when there are already vehicles parked in my driveway? Everytime I get an alert deepstack puts it through because AFAIK its detecting the vehicles that are already in the yard.

cscoppa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I am monitoring my driveway for vehicles how can I do this when there are already vehicles parked in my driveway? Everytime I get an alert deepstack puts it through because AFAIK its detecting the vehicles that are already in the yard.
In my driveway I just do "persons" ... usually one is required to make the car move. ;) Otherwise I get exactly what you described.

1617718253563.png

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In my driveway I just do "persons" ... usually one is required to make the car move. ;) Otherwise I get exactly what you described.
The thing is I live in a dead end street and I want to tag any vehicles passing in my street and not the people walking. I guess this won't work for me.

cscoppa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The thing is I live in a dead end street and I want to tag any vehicles passing in my street and not the people walking. I guess this won't work for me.
If the static cars are in the same place all the time, you can mask them out... that might work.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sure it will - create a clone camera just for the street and mask out your driveway and just do motion detection in the street.

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sure it will - create a clone camera just for the street and mask out your driveway and just do motion detection in the street.
Thanks for your suggestion, Yes of course adding another camera will work. I was trying to get it to work with one. I'm just trying to tinker with deepstack to see if it will work for my situation. TBH So far its pretty unreliable for me because in my limited testing with 2 outdoor cameras and one indoor camera, I'm getting way more missed alerts with deepstack enabled than false alerts being reported.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion, Yes of course adding another camera will work. I was trying to get it to work with one. I'm just trying to tinker with deepstack to see if it will work for my situation. TBH So far its pretty unreliable for me because in my limited testing with 2 outdoor cameras and one indoor camera, I'm getting way more missed alerts with deepstack enabled than false alerts being reported.
By adding another camera, I assume you meant what I said by cloning and not physically adding another camera?

Which camera do you have that you are trying this with? Do the iframes match your FPS? Some cameras are problematic like reolinks.

It does take some tinkering with motion settings to make it work reliably just like it does to try to eliminate false alerts prior to DeepStack.

And I believe after a period of time of a parked car, Deepstack will quit ID'ing it, but I recall from some of the 3rd party add-ons that this is still a work in progress.

Last edited:

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By adding another camera, I assume you meant what I said by cloning and not physically adding another camera?
LOL yes I thought you meant installing another camera, yes cloning would work. I'll try that. Thanks for the clarification. Actually that should work really well to separate the road traffic from the traffic entering my driveway regardless of deepstack. When cloning you can use the same stream from the camera and not increase the total bandwidth right?

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which camera do you have that you are trying this with? Do the iframes match your FPS? Some cameras are problematic like reolinks.

It does take some tinkering with motion settings to make it work reliably just like it does to try to eliminate false alerts prior to DeepStack.

And I believe after a period of time of a parked car, Deepstack will quit ID'ing it, but I recall from some of the 3rd party add-ons that this is still a work in progress.
I'm using a IPC-T5442T-ZE in this particular case. FPS matches the mainstream and sub stream and I-frames are set to match FPS.