5.4.5 fresh install, Deepstack not working? [SOLVED]

MaxBotev

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just did a fresh install today - 5.4.5 with Deepstack 2021.02.1 (tried both GPU and CPU). Was following the Hook Up video tutorial and believe I didn't miss anything. My cameras are Amcrest 4Ks and I had no issues adding them.
I can see rectangles around the moving objects but DeepStack just ignores everything. AI "Test in browser" opens the blue page that says "Your DeepStack Installation is Activated".
Also when I try to manually analyze image from the Alerts folder with the DeepStack I get this error: DeepStack: Server error 100.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure in the actual camera GUI of your cameras that FPS and iframes match - make them both 15 in mainstream and substream.

Send like 10 pictures to be analyzed by DeepStack in the BI setting each one second apart.

Turn off object detection under motion trigger settings and change algorithm to simple.

Drop the confidence down to like 10% and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't get it going, then post screenshots of your BI camera settings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So BI sent the image into DeepStack and it came back nothing found, so it is working and simply needs adjustments on confidence level and/or number of pics sent to DeepStack and/or the objects being looked at.

Attach screenshots of the AI tabs and settings under the Trigger tab.

MaxBotev

n3wb
Reaction score
So BI sent the image into DeepStack and it came back nothing found, so it is working and simply needs adjustments on confidence level and/or number of pics sent to DeepStack and/or the objects being looked at.

Thanks for the suggestions. My framerates were not matching, so I fixed that.
AmcrestConfig.jpg

The rest of the settings look OK for me but still no detections :(

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

MaxBotev

n3wb
Reaction score

Also not sure about these settings, especially stream profiles

Is there a way to see what images are being analyzed by DeepStack? They are not taken from the Alerts directory, right?

6.jpg

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, change them from H264H to H264 for main and sub

Make them both CBR or VBR for main and sub

Is the generic what BI found for find/inspect?

Under the sub pulldown, select one that will be sub (if any are shown). I am surprised this camera only shows / for mainstream.

Turn off high definition under motion sensor

Up the receive buffer to 15 or 20.

You can see which motions were cancelled by going to the folder icon in BI and selected cancelled Sentry alerts.

MaxBotev

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, change them from H264H to H264 for main and sub

Make them both CBR or VBR for main and sub

Is the generic what BI found for find/inspect?

Under the sub pulldown, select one that will be sub (if any are shown). I am surprised this camera only shows / for mainstream.

Turn off high definition under motion sensor

Up the receive buffer to 15 or 20.

You can see which motions were cancelled by going to the folder icon in BI and selected cancelled Sentry alerts.
OK, both are H264 and VBR, also changed the stream settings. Yes, Find/inspect puts "generic" there.
High definition is now off. Buffer set to 15.
Is it normal to get a "server error 100" when trying to analyze the image manually?

7.jpg
9.jpg
8.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting. Mine works on analyzing it manually.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that looks good - it shows an image went to Deepstack but didn't match your criteria.

MaxBotev

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, that looks good - it shows an image went to Deepstack but didn't match your criteria.
I have reinstalled the DeepStack couple times and still have a feeling that it doesn't work right. Especially this Server error 100 thing