5.4.5 - May 10, 2021

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I let mine run all night with HA on and it took 12 hours before it crashed due to increasing RAM.

Since 5.4.5 has been pulled, that means a fix is coming (hopefully).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Early indications (20 minutes lol) are that this fixed it.

RAM is actually lower now than at startup and lowest it has been in a long time.

Time to turn HA on and see what happens.
25 minutes later LOL and RAM still holding low with HA on.

Looking good so far. Time for some other testers LOL.

Gatlarf

n3wb
Reaction score
Compared to 5.4.4.8, RAM has gone up a little bit (+- 15%) but CPU usage is lower for me. I went from an average of 9% to 5% peak. No idea why but I can only be happy with it. Everything works as expected, so good job!:clap:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
25 minutes later LOL and RAM still holding low with HA on.

Looking good so far. Time for some other testers LOL.
Thank you for your testing.

So far it seems really stable for me as well. Ram Usage seems even lower :) Which is very nice. Been running for about 30 mins now.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, mine is going on 3 hours now with HA going and CPU and RAM is lower than it has been since before I added more cameras - total win!

I will start adding cameras to this configuration one by one and see what happens. I currently have 4 cameras going with this configuration - a dumb camera using BI AI, a camera using BI motion only, a camera using ONVIF triggers along with BI AI, and a camera using ONVIF triggers and it has been holding steady. Those configurations should cover most of the configurations people run.

planetix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated to 5.4.5.1, CPU and memory are normal (low), 5 cameras, 4 Amcrest POE 4k h.265 and 1 DBC1 wireless doorbell h.265, all with frames/i-frames aligned at 15, using Intel Quicksync (beta/v2 in BI) with an i3 8300. I also have Deepstack GPU running with my 1050.

With 5.4.5.0 I experienced the same memory leak as others that eventually crashed the system, so far so good with the patch.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine is still going strong with lower RAM than at start-up.

Great added value Ken continues to provide!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I left my system on install latest available update or latest highly stable update and left for 4 days. I don't know what version caused email alerts to stop for a few hours, maybe went offline who knows. It has been stable on 5.4.3.12, but when I came back it seems to be on a different version. So turned updates off. I think it was changed from a 4/25/21 5.4.3.12 version up to version 5.4.4.5 (May 5th) Is this possible or am I losing my mind?
5.4.4.5 is stable on my Hp elitedesk. Afraid to change it up now as email alerts have been working 24/7.....

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I finally relented and let Windows update again to that version which became a high CPU hog inexplicably. Doing a ctrl Alt Del to task mgr, there was a Conexant HD audio software hogging CPU cycles like 30%... Goofy thing is, my Audio drivers are a different manufacturer( cant remember right now) So I disabled it from starting up and running, and so now this version of Windows Update is now usable on the this system.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry. unrelated. but something that made it seem as though BI wasn't acting right with high CPU and unusual Mem rise. .... but 5.4.4.5 is stable for me this week. gonna monitor system behavior "as is" the remainder of the week.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
5.4.5.1 is running fine on my system. Memory may be a little lower but I can't say for certain yet. I have been tracking memory utilization in a spreadsheet for a while so a few days to accumulate data should show any trend. I really like the clips starting and ending in high resolution rather than just switching to high res for motion

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't seen any posts for awhile so maybe 5.4.5.1 is working well? I may have to jump in and try this update if you brave explorers are still having good luck with it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't seen any posts for awhile so maybe 5.4.5.1 is working well? I may have to jump in and try this update if you brave explorers are still having good luck with it.
It is working great! Mine has been going for over 24 hours and is awesome. CPU% is lower and RAM is lower than previous versions I have been running. Unbelievable improvement with storage and these better CPU and RAM usage is a bonus!