5.4.6.4 Alerts Not Working

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On 5.4.7.6 and the weird 2-second clips and clips ending before the trigger actually ended seems to be resolved.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is so strange on my system. I just updated to 5.4.7.7 and my issue of DS not working is still happening. It keeps stopping and restarting and says nothing found. Mine hasn't worked correctly since 5.4.7.0.

I roll back to 5.4.6.3 and then it works.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My burn ins don't work from 5.4.7.0 forward, but work on 5.4.6.3 just fine LOL.

But it will get worked out. Ken continues to add such tremendous value to the program, and a simple rollback gets you back to where you were.

Much better than the alternative of no updates like every NVR I ever owned LOL.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, OK go for it LOL.

Just don't go changing ports :lmao:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First uninstall DS.

Then in the downloads folder the .exe should still be there - simply re-install it.

DavidW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Upgraded to 5.4.6.3 and have only experienced higher CPU usage and sluggish UI when attempting to view alerts.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been happy about the clean install with zero junkware, and the 5.4.6.4. But today the cpu started surging, and the UI acted like it was damn near frozen. went back to an April 25th version. cpu started out good 8%-10%, Checked my cameras for gremlins, tried toggling off HA and so forth. but its back in the 41-55% range...just left it with HA off tonight,,,,,We'll see in the Am how it's doing.
I was really hoping to head to Chicago for the wknd with a stabilized system......
1. Clean windows media install
2 clean BI install
3 added all camera's manually
added Net Time
and Amcrust Ipconfig tool.
no Chrome, no Speccy, no nothin.
Can't seem to locate any newer driver for the graphics other than the Hp.coms site one from like Dec 2020.
sure was hoping this Elitedesk would be the answer over the older Dell.....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been happy about the clean install with zero junkware, and the 5.4.6.4. But today the cpu started surging, and the UI acted like it was damn near frozen. went back to an April 25th version. cpu started out good 8%-10%, Checked my cameras for gremlins, tried toggling off HA and so forth. but its back in the 41-55% range...just left it with HA off tonight,,,,,We'll see in the Am how it's doing.
I was really hoping to head to Chicago for the wknd with a stabilized system......
1. Clean windows media install
2 clean BI install
3 added all camera's manually
added Net Time
and Amcrust Ipconfig tool.
no Chrome, no Speccy, no nothin.
Can't seem to locate any newer driver for the graphics other than the Hp.coms site one from like Dec 2020.
sure was hoping this Elitedesk would be the answer over the older Dell.....
If you cannot locate/install a newer driver then you are have not clean install using MS media creation tool.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Upgraded to 5.4.6.3 and have only experienced higher CPU usage and sluggish UI when attempting to view alerts.
Oh no - what version were you at previously?

I am wondering if HA or maybe an optimization isn't working properly.

Did you go to DeepStack with this version as well or did you just update and noticed this?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I went to Microsoft and downloaded the MCT and a win 10 pro 64, onto a 8Gb USB drive. Super clean install with no HP bloatware. saw your post the other day referencing driver dated 3.13 21 or something, was looking on the HP site tonight, after work. Thanks. I'll put this driver from intel's site on a USB stick and bring it to work in the Am.

DavidW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh no - what version were you at previously?

I am wondering if HA or maybe an optimization isn't working properly.

Did you go to DeepStack with this version as well or did you just update and noticed this?
I just updated and noticed without deepstack. unfortunately I don't know my previous version but it was likely sometime near July 2020. I reverted back to version 5.4.0.0 and it seems to be back to normal with CPU usage as well as the UI when viewing alerts.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm also running the stable 5.4.6.3 and noticed there is a "sluggishness" in the UI3 with viewing alerts for cameras that are setup using continuous + triggered. Just hovering over alert clips sometimes takes a couple of seconds to see the FF preview and I'll get the orange clock in the top right occasionally. When I hover over alerts for cameras that have recording set to just "continuous", UI3 is fine and preview playback is snappy.

I think it's just growing pains. Much like it took for substreams it will take some time for Ken to sort out the issues.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It's working fine for me, IDs, alerts, UI3 and messaging. I am having trouble if I try custom models though. It takes too long for processing and never gets flagged with an ID, all "nothing found" if using a custom model.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Version 5.4.3.12. Not going back to 5.4.6.3. or anything else for awhile.
Thanks @fenderman for the intel driver link.... installed just fine.... System CPU is lower today, and not surging.
Sluggishness is not noticeable.
Going to watch stability in this Config.
Leaving for 4-5 days, have one cam sending emails so I can monitor 24/7 uptime. A little worried about the office temp. 81 F in here with doors closed. The HP is hot in the righthand corner where cpu exhaust is. but the fan speed is not throttling up like yesterday. I'm leaving a box fan run in here over the wknd cuz were forecast 90's all week.