5.4.7 - May 25, 2021 - Support for DeepStack custom model files

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.4.7 - May 25, 2021
Support for DeepStack custom model files; specify the path on Settings/AI. Use a custom
folder name, not sharedfiles as this will conflict with DeepStack’s own models.
Support for Plate Recognizer’s Make/Model/Color analysis for cars.
A new option to only use Plate Recognizer for alerts where either DeepStack or Sentry has
confirmed a vehicle alert.

from help file -
You may download additional custom object model .pt files, or you may train DeepStack
yourself to create these file. Please consult DeepStack documentation for instructions. You
must tell Blue Iris where to find these .pt files. Please do not place your custom files into
the existing DeepStack sharedfiles folder.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am currently testing this, probably operator error LOL, but I had downloaded the OpenLogo model previously and am running the tuning playback to try to get a FedEx logo to pop up.

I did move it to its own folder as prior to this release I was trying to get BI to recognize it in the sharedfiles folder.

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am currently testing this, probably operator error LOL, but I had downloaded the OpenLogo model previously and am running the tuning playback to try to get a FedEx logo to pop up.

I did move it to its own folder as prior to this release I was trying to get BI to recognize it in the sharedfiles folder.
Downloaded the ExDark model and a restart of Deepstack through BI got it up and running. Great work from Ken! ExDark definitely improves person detection confidence when using IR. It would be great if we could switch model with profiles...assuming CPU demand is higher when running through multiple models?

Tuning shows results from both models.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome - mine do not appear to be working. I downloaded the dark and openlogo and the plates.

I did a stop and a reboot of the computer and running thru the tuning, but all I am getting is the truck box around FedEx and UPS.

Can you load up openlogo and see if it works?

I am wondering if it can only do one model at a time?

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Awesome - mine do not appear to be working. I downloaded the dark and openlogo and the plates.

I did a stop and a reboot of the computer and running thru the tuning, but all I am getting is the truck box around FedEx and UPS.

Can you load up openlogo and see if it works?

I am wondering if it can only do one model at a time?
I'll load it up now and see if I can get it running. Most delivery trucks park outside of my property so not many logos to test but will have a look.

Seems to be both models running as I'm getting some objects double boxed with different confidence percentages, which I have never seen before.

What do you mean? How does it differentiate?
I'm seeing two boxes per object with different confidence percentages. Difficult to assess confidence of both as they overlap considerably and text is often hidden.

(Attached crappy screenshot from remote station...)

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 00.38.21.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that is what I am expecting to see are two boxes. Maybe a DHL or FedEX came through during the day you can run thru tuning?

I'll keep playing but you cannot get much better than a big ole FedEx truck in the middle of the day LOL.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm ready to try custom models. Where can I download ExDark? Any other good ones to try? Thanks

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Unfortunately no fedex or dhl have been in a while - I checked for a few weeks. I did try a DPD Truck but didn't detect the logo. I checked the dataset and dpd is not included but I thought I'd give it a shot!

Can we no longer test snapshots in Deepstack through BI? I just uploaded a FedEX truck into BI but realised the Deepstack tuning was not selectable.

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 01.16.26.png

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm ready to try custom models. Where can I download ExDark? Any other good ones to try? Thanks
ExDark:

These are two further custom models from Deepstack in their documentation (Logo & License Plate). So far I've only tried ExDark.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
ExDark:

These are two further custom models from Deepstack in their documentation (Logo & License Plate). So far I've only tried ExDark.
Downloaded ExDark and giving it a try. Thanks for the link!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to update to 5.4.7.1?

Mine goes through all the steps like it is updating, yet when I go to the main screen it still shows 5.4.7.0. I tried the manual install as well.

Curious to see if .1 fixes the IVS trigger issue.

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm with you, I'd really like a model that IDs common rural animals like deer, raccoon, possum, rabbits, skunks etc.
Yeah, I keep getting deer (I get a lot of them) as a dog. Close, but would be nice to know the difference.