5.4.9 - June 25, 2021

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't noticed that, yet, but I will double check later. One thing I have noticed about 5.4.9.10 is that memory management has seemed to have gotten much better. I've been tracking it for quite a while, since February, and it has normally ranged between 2 and 4.5GB over a day. Now it's been stable and under 3GB since I updated yesterday.
No issue here.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
On another note, I have enable the logo.pt model along with dark.pt. So far everything seems to be working properly except I can't yet confirm that logo.pt is truly working. Haven had a DHL, FedX or UPS vehicle go by so far.

stev067

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just ordered an IPC-T5442T-ZE from Andy's amazon store. I think it's the same model as Dahua's N43AJ52. I'm hoping that some of the timing issues I've been running into were just being created by the Reolink cam I was using. It's hard to choose a camera when there are so many options, so hopefully that's a great one.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I will say that detection times have increased significantly with two custom models in use. I was seeing times of 55-200ms with just the stock model but with dark and logo enabled it's gone up to 200-600ms with one I noticed at 900ms. I think that may explain the difficulties when running on the CPU version, it times out way too easily.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I just updated to 5.4.9.11 and everything seems to be running fine. The "cntrl-double click" on confirmed alerts is pretty handy.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A little early to tell so far, but it came back up at basically the same memory used as it was showing just prior to the update, say around 2.3GB.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A little early to tell so far, but it came back up at basically the same memory used as it was showing just prior to the update, say around 2.3GB.
I'm hoping this development will cure my problem child install at my daughter's place. That is still creeping memory about over 6 days and has to be rebooted.

stev067

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update 5.4.9.11 seems to be screwing with my leading image in the DS analysis. With motion-leading image turned off, I have no t-0, and instead, I'm getting an earlier leading image presumably at the keyframe. Even weirder, with motion-leading images turned on, I'm still getting no t-0, but TWO that are earlier than that, and in reverse chronological order.

Last edited:

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for checking - it must be something that's gone wrong through updating - it has been working previously and does work when going full-screen, just not recordings. I'll proceed with re-install and update here once finished.
Update: After finally re-installing BI (windows crashed on reboot and it's a remote location :banghead: ) main-stream recordings have returned upon alert! The only issue I still have is that BI does not record the mainstream for the pre-trigger buffer. I'm sure it was, on previous updates, but perhaps that has changed?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Update: After finally re-installing BI (windows crashed on reboot and it's a remote location :banghead: ) main-stream recordings have returned upon alert! The only issue I still have is that BI does not record the mainstream for the pre-trigger buffer. I'm sure it was, on previous updates, but perhaps that has changed?
No change in that regard here.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And you're using Continuous+Triggered in the Record tab with a pretrigger buffer of ?