5.5.5 - February 2, 2022

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was able to engage with Ken from BI, He pushed out a new version 5.5.5.4
it seems to be fixed now :)
I'll have to wait for another 12 hours before I can check, I've just started work (currently 6.23 am here in Melbourne)

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had reported the issue as well, 5.5.5.4 fixes it, but the timeline now looks very different than what it used to

1644357099244.png

If I remember correctly an orange line used to show on each camera.

I have 5 cameras recording right now, that is why I have 5 different colors, the black is the one I'm testing at the moment so it's not recording at all.

Also, I think there used to be an orange bar at the bottom that would show how line the alert was as well. I assume that is what the brown is next to the person and car now?

I'm also not sure when this started but I have my clips limited to 1 hour, each hour the camer seems to have 2 0 sec (no file) entries in the "All Clips"then the 1 Hour clip. seems to be happening on all cameras every hour going back to12/29/2021, that is how far my clips go back.

Actually now my clips look kind of dorked up as well.... I'm see red dots on the date for December 25-31 2021, Jan 1-5 2022, and Feb 1-8 2022. Some really weird stuff going on.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just updated to the most recent stable updated (5.5.4.5) and the (no file) on the alerts are now showing for me. Seems to run fine.

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am on version 5.5.5.5 now and there are no bars whatsoever. The cameras (both, I only have two) are set as before, continuous recording with alerts.. no .JPEG
The bar is taller and absent colors..all black. Only blue vertical line to show where along the time bar you are.
Going to wait to see if there is a bug fix.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am on version 5.5.5.5 now and there are no bars whatsoever.
I just noticed this too. It resolved when I closed and restarted the application.
Do the two cameras have different color assignments (Camera setting > General tab).

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On 5.5.5.5 - I see a coloured bar for each of my six cameras, however no jpeg thumbnails when I zoom right into the timeline bar. Also the alert icon/marker is golbal and without a marker on the bar for the camera that alerted.
1644828222846.png

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On 5.5.5.5 - I see a coloured bar for each of my six cameras, however no jpeg thumbnails when I zoom right into the timeline bar. Also the alert icon/marker is golbal and without a marker on the bar for the camera that alerted.
View attachment 118705
I also have 5.5.5.5 but I don't see the coloured bars for different cameras in the timeline bar. Mine is still the blue coloured bar with alert markings.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder how long that has been a feature (coloured bar) (rhetorical question). Now I'm thinking, what's the point, it looks pretty?

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder how long that has been a feature (coloured bar) (rhetorical question). Now I'm thinking, what's the point, it looks pretty?
well until recently the alert marker lines appeared on the bar for the camera, so having different colours allowed you to see which camera had an alert at what time

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI the console losing connection to the service if you have the Windows Feature Update install appears to be sorted with 5.5.5.9. On the 2 of my 5 servers that had the Windows update I was seeing the issue with versions back to the last stable so I'd count this as a Windows issue.

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI the console losing connection to the service if you have the Windows Feature Update install appears to be sorted with 5.5.5.9. On the 2 of my 5 servers that had the Windows update I was seeing the issue with versions back to the last stable so I'd count this as a Windows issue.
One of those was dead again this AM. More digging and it appears the service has been crashing on 4 of the servers for awhile. What I was seeing is when they fail to restart. My 5th server that has no service crashes in the event logs is diff in a few ways. It has never been above BI 5.5.4.5, has light load and runs DeepStack local. The other 4 use a common DeepStack Docker instance on a Linux workstation.

Attached are the error event logs for the 4 servers with service restart issues.

Attachments

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This may be of interest to anyone who pulls data from old log files.

I routinely import the Blue Iris log file to extract DeepStack performance data, and have just noticed a change to the log file that appears to have been made about the time of the release of version 5.5.5.0 to 5.5.5.1. See the screenshots below.

Before 5.5.5.0/.1 ..., the log file never had a header.
1648225261319.png

Since 5.5.5.0/.1 ... the log file has a header.
1648225277973.png