5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@swilliams76360 ipcam-general model has nothing to do with face detection. It has only 2 labels: vehicle and person.

If you just want to focus on face detection, then don't use any of the ipcam-* models.To understand what is happening with each triggered event, use the BI status UI as shown below. The screenshot below shows the results of ipcam-general. Face detection should be separate line item is in use.

View attachment 145699
Just curious, what ptz do you use for your front porch? Looking for a mini ptz with auto tracking. Most ptz are too big to put on the front of the house.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Nunofya My PTZ is from Andy's store. It's the 2MP version
I don't like the 4MP version because it's not as good at night.

This PTZ is probably the smallest outdoor PTZ. I've seen others use it in front porch situations.

Note, this PTZ has no autotracking so I employ a number of alarm sensors to trigger PTZ actions.

Last edited:

swilliams76360

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@swilliams76360 ipcam-general model has nothing to do with face detection. It has only 2 labels: vehicle and person.

If you just want to face detection, then don't use any of the ipcam-* models. In other words, these ipcam models have nothing to do with face detection.

To understand what is happening with each triggered event, use the BI status UI as shown below. The screenshot below for example shows the results of ipcam-general. Face detection should be separate line item if used.

View attachment 145699
so, my end goal is to detect and register my roommate and i with the face rec and exclude that from sending to mobile devices, but any other alerts such as person, vehicle, animal i want sent to our phones

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so, my end goal is to detect and register my roommate and i with the face rec and exclude that from sending to mobile devices, but any other alerts such as person, vehicle, animal i want sent to our phones
@swilliams76360 My advice -- setup original camera for ipcam-general or ipmcam-combined object detection only. Then clone camera and configure AI for face detection only. i.e. Keep these 2 types of AI detection separate.

Side note, I've tried face detection also and it wasn't reliable so I've taken a pause on that for now. Hopefully, it will be better in a future release.

Last edited:

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It should be an easy fix. Here's a screenshot of the settings for one of my cameras that you can use for a reference. I'm not going to post my general AI settings because I'm running CP AI on multiple computers and don't want to cause any confusion.

View attachment 145670
Okay, i'll try that. here is screen shots you asked for. thank.

Attachments

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay, i'll try that. here is screen shots you asked for.
If you're going to try the yolov5l model make sure you check the use custom model folder box and uncheck the default object detection. Also make sure you copy the yolov5l.pt file from the default folder (C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\assets) to your custom model folder.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you're going to try the yolov5l model make sure you check the use custom model folder box and uncheck the default object detection. Also make sure you copy the yolov5l.pt file from the default folder (C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\assets) to your custom model folder.
well hell. I just did an update and now AI not picking up anything on cameras. status say's "AI timeout"

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, but if you have deepstack installed you should uninstall it as well. To uninstall CPAI go into your windows settings and select apps. From there scroll down the list and select CodeProject.AI Server and then uninstall.

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 4.10.29 PM.png

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, but if you have deepstack installed you should uninstall it as well. To uninstall CPAI go into your windows settings and select apps. From there scroll down the list and select CodeProject.AI Server and then uninstall.

View attachment 145728
Okay. as you can see, I'm a bit rusty using Windows computer. I usually on my IPad.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
you know what? This is going to sound weird, but there is no CodeProject.AI in the Apps list.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmm.... then it's not installed. Rerun the installation file. Be patient, it does take some time to install.