5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What's the position on SenseAi vs DS now?

Also, what's the position with GPU vs CPU?
SenseAi is now the one to go for regardless of CPU or GPU.

GPU is the way to go if you want faster response times providing you have something reasonable from Nvidia - GPU comes at the cost of a little extra power consumption over CPU but mileage can really vary based on each person’s CPU and GPU combo.

Install for CPU is super simple, pretty much run the CP.AI installer and point BI at the new port and you're off to the races. GPU is only slightly more in than before you run the same installer but make sure Nvidia drivers at up to date and you have also installed CUDA 11.7 << make sure it's this version no newer or older. you also want to install v8.5 of CUDNN – CP.AI has a nice little script that will do all this for you and it’s well documented on their website forum. Now that BI and CP.AI have their installers and API sorted out all the minor issue of having to manually tweak settings and registry keys are sorted for you.

1666610175589.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have an RTX 2060. Will I need anything other than just running the install script?
Below is from CodeProject.AI site,

Notes on CUDA and nVidia support
If you have a CUDA enabled nVidia card please then ensure you

1. install the CUDA 11.7 Drivers
  2. Install CUDA Toolkit 11.7.
  3. Download and run our cuDNN install script to install cuDNN.
We are using CUDA 11.7 which has support for compute capability 3.7 and above. This means we support nVidia CUDA cards that are equal to or better than a GK210 or Tesla K80 card. Please refer to this table of supported cards to determine if your card has compute capability 3.7 or above.

Newer cards such as the GTX 10xx, 20xx and 30xx series, RTX, MX series are fully supported.

AI is a memory intensive operation. Some cards with 2GB RAM or less may struggle in some situations. Using the dashboard you can either disable modules you don't need, or disable GPU support entirely for one or more modules. This will free up memory and help get you back on track.

Blackhawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks.
Does Sense.AI have any compatibility with Google Coral? I've got a spare USB version lying around that isn't doing anything.
I also have a Coral USB, so consider this another vote for Coral support!

Benchmarks for Coral vs CPU copied from another site

• SenseAI on Intel 12900T (0.3MP): ~170-190ms
  • Coral USB A (0.3MP): ~18ms-20ms

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It’s another app on my server connected to the internet. I believe you in its intention. But no trusty.

But I am looking for ways to keep BI sending me alerts without touching the internet or limiting just the port that sends alerts/viewing.
What about the Pushover app ($4) that you either have BI send an email to pushover and it sends you a push or you set up an API and it sends you a push?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What part of the fact that it is not connected to the internet don't you understand? It is a local program like Word or Blue Iris and has no cloud computing involved whatsoever, nether DeepStack or SenseAI. They are no different than any other program you might run locally.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s another app on my server connected to the internet. I believe you in its intention. But no trusty.

But I am looking for ways to keep BI sending me alerts without touching the internet or limiting just the port that sends alerts/viewing.
If you take the tinfoil helmet off and read what you are being told it might help.
Alerts without touching the internet? You are going to need a long string and two cups.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Call it what you want. If i can disable all access from BI and just use a different mode for alerts from a different app, I'd be happier. BI is a program which is great but I don't trust it. Similar to advice about the cameras - they are good but keep em offline. Cheers

No, because I won't install something that might remote out. Why put my home at risk when I can test yours :)?
Dude you were told exactly how to do that. There is an entire thread on how to do that. What is wrong with you?
So you admit to deliberately posting misinformation? Why would you accuse software of sending out info when you have not tested it? This is your final warning. I fixed your post.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see how you got there, but I can tell your angry about it. I told sebastian I believed him, and then asked about the ports. Have a good night. Thanks for the reminder about the pushover tutorial. I might try to use telegram instead cuz it's free. I had totally forgotten about that prospect.
You did not. You deliberately implied it was sending data out, otherwise you would disclose in your initial post that you have not tested it.
Yes - telegram is free. Pushover is 5 bux for life. Dont agonize over it too long.

Last edited:

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can I recommend to all the tinfoil hat wearing people out there that they replace them with a good firewall were you control all the inbound and outbound rules and were possible restrict access to self-managed VPNs, they tend to-do a far better job than tinfoil.

FYI and by good firewall I don’t mean the crappy thing built into most VDSL provider routers.

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I had this problem even with DS, but I guess I may as well ask it here since I'm now running SenseAI.

On all my cameras, whenever there's a lot of objects on the screen at once, the AI tends to just focus on one and log it as an alert. Is this normal? I would love it if it would detect multiple people in the same picture, even if it means creating separate alerts.

What it's doing now is that it's successfully creating an alert for the first person walking past the cam, but for as long as the cam remains in the 'triggered' state, it won't recognize any other objects (ie. a second person, or a car driving past), even if the first person is now out of the frame.

This is particularly frustrating with my 'overview' cam located at the front of the house, which is set up to pick up passing cars/pedestrians going past.
At night, no matter what movement triggers the cam, it always thinks that a light post with reflective tape on it is a 'person', and thus no vehicles or passing cats get tagged in the alert. I've tried unselecting this area in the zone setup, but it makes no difference.

I've even got zones set up so that objects only trigger when moving along the pavement/street from left-right and right-left. This makes no difference. It still only logs the first object it sees during the day, and that damn lightpost at night without fail.

This is really frustrating and I don't know what to do.

Can anybody offer any suggestions?