5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI,

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 - it almost appears like we should have a new thread started that consolidates/streamlines the latest revision?

I know that no matter what point a thread like that starts, there always comes that time with dated information, but a lot has changed since this thread first started and 79 pages later and I think a lot of people will be making the switch now that is appears a lot of integration is in place?

sp3ctre

n3wb
Reaction score
Also with the latest Blue Iris update Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET) custom models now work. Blue Iris pulls the custom model list from CodeProject.AI's API, so no more folders to set for custom models.

View attachment 151864
When I click the custom models button I keep getting a message to restart the AI to refresh the list. I restarted BI and also the AI service but still keep getting the message. Any ideas?

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
mine says "Installed Modules:" (nothing shows) "restart AI to refresh this list" (tried stop/start many times) CPAI .NET shows running

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 - it almost appears like we should have a new thread started that consolidates/streamlines the latest revision?

I know that no matter what point a thread like that starts, there always comes that time with dated information, but a lot has changed since this thread first started and 79 pages later and I think a lot of people will be making the switch now that is appears a lot of integration is in place?
I agree, @fenderman do you agree we should start a new thread named CodeProject.AI Version 2.0

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cp.png also, the GPU no longer shows as active in the CPAI .NET server as it did before...

Reaction score
I uninstalled, rebooted, installed and rebooted and I now I do see 2.0.6 beta in the upper left corner. However, still no License Plate Reqder module.

2187E4FB-8B65-42CC-A184-C579716A9783.jpeg

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't you still need the Cuda box checked....at least that was the only way I could make mine work.
I think only if you have a separate GPU. I have only the one in the built-in Intel CPU and the .NET version was supposed to enable that.
The CP dashboard no longer says CPU/GPU but Blue Iris is showing CPU:10% GPU 6% RAM 8.06M... so maybe it is still using the gpu?

Tinman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think only if you have a separate GPU. I have only the one in the built-in Intel CPU and the .NET version was supposed to enable that.
The CP dashboard no longer says CPU/GPU but Blue Iris is showing CPU:10% GPU 6% RAM 8.06M... so maybe it is still using the gpu?
You would think that, but I don't have a GPU as well, but when I check that box then CPAI will show it is running DirectML.

Screenshot 2023-01-24 192329.png

Screenshot 2023-01-24 192134.png

Also my BI test machine shows the custom models...my main BI machine does not ??

Screenshot 2023-01-24 191306.png

Tinman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That worked. I was able to install License Plate Reader.

Now, if I could just get BI to recognize the modules being used.
Well, I found that if I start BI as a service it will not see the custom models. It does use them correctly , just don't see them. I then tried starting BI NOT using service mode and it all works. I then switched back to running as a service and the issue returns.