5.7.9.3 Aug 14, 2023

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

A new Reolink camera make/model option for RTSP main stream + FLV sub stream. As we
battle with Reolink firmware reliability, this combination attempts to emulate the way in
which their apps and web services work. These models are notorious for stability problems
when multiple RTSP streams are requested.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I recently discovered a Reolink user group on Fakebook and am amazed at their following. Damn near cult status.
Fortunately the CCTV installer groups favor Dahua and Hikvision with no mention whatsoever of Reolink.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently discovered a Reolink user group on Fakebook and am amazed at their following. Damn near cult status.
Fortunately the CCTV installer groups favor Dahua and Hikvision with no mention whatsoever of Reolink.
The installers dont necessarily favor hik/dahua because they believe its better. They use brands that are more difficult for the end user to price out on their own (or where there get a deep discount from their distributor). Most installers are not installing premium dahua/hik cams with large sensors, they are installing the cheaper models.
That said, the reolink users dont know any better. As confirmed with this release not there really is a significant streaming issue - fools ranting about how they have no issues not withstanding.
I will say reolink hit a home run with their doorbell and should be commended for it.

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So If I understand correctly, this update means that now is the time to sell all my 1080p Dahua cam and upgrade to 8K Reolinks - eBay and Amazon here I come.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So If I understand correctly, this update means that now is the time to sell all my 1080p Dahua cam and upgrade to 8K Reolinks - eBay and Amazon here I come.
Yes its time to upgrade and switch to these. If you need any convincing then search for "TheHookUp" on Youtube ;)

Reaction score
How do you use the new "RTSP main stream + FLV sub stream"?

I tried selecting it, but couldn't get it to work for my Reolink E1 Pro. I was using R.264 setting on port 554. The new stream defaults to port 80 (which isn't open) and changing it to 554 doesn't help.

digiblur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will say reolink hit a home run with their doorbell and should be commended for it.
If only they had nailed the codecs and config parameters and had it ringing the physical bell wiring.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If only they had nailed the codecs and config parameters and had it ringing the physical bell wiring.
There are obviously improvements that can be made as I noted in another post but these are $88 doorbells.... That are better than many 200 to $400 doorbells.
H264 is fine and I installed three chimes to solve the problem with respect to the physical bell wiring.... It actually works better this way because I can adjust the volume of the various chimes to my liking...

digiblur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are obviously improvements that can be made as I noted in another post but these are $88 doorbells.... That are better than many 200 to $400 doorbells.
H264 is fine and I installed three chimes to solve the problem with respect to the physical bell wiring.... It actually works better this way because I can adjust the volume of the various chimes to my liking...
H264 is great as well but having to feed it through go2rtc is a pain. Reolink always fails in the codec dept though so what's new.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
H264 is great as well but having to feed it through go2rtc is a pain. Reolink always fails in the codec dept though so what's new.
You don't have to feed it through go2trc, that just might a requirement for you vms for whatever reason. I am streaming rtsp direct from the doorbell.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There was a bug where if AI was on, saved alert images would no longer have the motion rectangles even if that option was selected if the AI found nothing/occupied. Upcoming minor version should fix that. This will help quickly identify at a glance the triggering motions that motivated the clip even if AI doesn't find anything of note