jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
As of update 5.8.0.9, Ken has add a new macro to Blue Iris - &IMAGE_PATH

1698094209210.png

When you use this macro in a camera-specific Blue Iris Action, the current image of the camera is saved to the following folder:

screenshot_2.png

An example use of this new macro is described in Send Pushover notifications with a CURRENT image of the camera.

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you find that the Pushover notification is not working, then check the size of the JPG file in the ProgramData folder shown in post #1.

If the file is over 2.5MB, it will be rejected by the Pushover API (source).

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you find that the Pushover notification is not working, then check the size of the JPG file in the ProgramData folder shown in post #1.

If the file is over 2.5MB, it will be rejected by the Pushover API (source).
Does this affect your pushover powershell script at all? I imagine it's still doing my resizing for me.

I know Ken is a busy dude, but I wish we could see these detailed changes in each update besides what's in the major point release. :)

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Does this affect your pushover powershell script at all? I imagine it's still doing my resizing for me.

I know Ken is a busy dude, but I wish we could see these detailed changes in each update besides what's in the major point release. :)
If you are asking about my pushover_resize script, then the answer is 'No'.
The resize script deals with alert images that are created by Blue Iris.

The newer pushover_snapshot script deals with current images that are created on-demand.

Ken appears to regard user-requested changes (like the new &IMAGE_PATH macro) collectively as 'other minor changes'. I don't know what his threshold is for mentioning a change in the ‘Update notes’ section of the Help PDF, or on the Recent Features list in the Blue Iris website. This is why a number us post here a description of 'minor' changes we've either requested, or encountered.