5.8.0 - September 27, 2023

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.8.0 - September 27, 2023
The flow of the Motion sensor, Trigger and Alert pages has been made more logical. The
Alert page timer for X triggers within Y seconds has been moved to the more appropriate
Trigger/Motion page. The timer for minimum/max time since last trigger has been moved to the
trigger tab and is now used to prevent the generation of new alerts. The remaining alert
timers now prevent actions from firing rather than preventing the alert itself.

The Watchdog tab in camera settings may now have profile-specific settings and may be
synced with another camera as was the case with the Trigger, Record and Alerts tabs.

Previously monostable ONVIF triggers (without corresponding trigger reset events) were
handled as external. These are now more appropriately labeled as ONVIF as well.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried this new version yet? Some interesting new features, just hope nothing got broken in the process.

Yes, I know, no need to remind me: the leading edge is often the bleeding edge. I'm just looking for user experiences if there are any to report so far.

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK so 24hrs since my upgrade, I’ve not had any issues, I’ve even made various config changes to some of my cams to test and everything is working great. Feels like the recent changes are mainly cosmetic.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unfortunately had to rollback to 5.7.9.12
My motion detection stopped working on 5.8.0. Thought it had been quiet outside for the last 24 hours!

Haven't had time to look into it.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unfortunately had to rollback to 5.7.9.12
My motion detection stopped working on 5.8.0. Thought it had been quiet outside for the last 24 hours!

Haven't had time to look into it.
Yes, definitely many changes in 5.8.0.0. It also defaults to a new setup of X number of triggers in Y number of seconds (2 triggers in 3 seconds by default). This seems to only happen after doing a camera details "inspection" then doing an "OK". Without the reinspection, it doesn't change (yet).
Still working on all the ramifications...

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, definitely many changes in 5.8.0.0. It also defaults to a new setup of X number of triggers in Y number of seconds (2 triggers in 3 seconds by default). This seems to only happen after doing a camera details "inspection" then doing an "OK". Without the reinspection, it doesn't change (yet).
Still working on all the ramifications...
Thanks didn't spot that.

All mine had defaulted to 2 triggers in 3 seconds which is a bug (although I haven't read the release notes yet so may have missed something).
Had to go into each camera and each profile to update these. Just toggled down the trigger to 1 and the seconds greyed out.
All working now.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks didn't spot that.

All mine had defaulted to 2 triggers in 3 seconds which is a bug (although I haven't read the release notes yet so may have missed something).
Had to go into each camera and each profile to update these. Just toggled down the trigger to 1 and the seconds greyed out.
All working now.
Have you noticed if all of your Push (or Pushover, in my case) Alerts are working as before? I see significant changes there: the Alerts are populated in the Alerts list as they should be, but I am still trying to sort out the correct workflow to have all of my Pushover alerts come through as they did before. An added complication: I use a combination of ONVIF triggers and CPAI alert triggers simultaneously per camera (no clones). So far, I can get some CPAI triggers to result in Pushover alets, but nothing from the ONVIF triggers, even when setup as Immediate actions. Ugh...and this is in the name of progress...I may just have to revert back for a while.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For some reason I can't get the new functionality working. My understanding is once I enable the min/max time since last alert on a group it should not send any alert actions (but will still show the alert in the list).

Note the below screenshots where I set both backyard cameras to "backyard-all" group and set it to min 300 seconds between alerts. The issue is, if I walk in front of the first camera and get a "person" alert and then walk in front of the second backyard camera, it will send me an alert for a person.. then i walk to the first backyard camera and it sends alerts again?

1696057817145.png

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm testing the latest version and I'm not getting any triggers. Can someone please explain this setting? Thanks

1696182761385.png

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm testing the latest version and I'm not getting any triggers. Can someone please explain this setting? Thanks

View attachment 173736
Seems fairly self explanatory: the minimum duaration is as before, whatever is appropriate for your FOV. The newly added controls after that duration setting should default to 2 times within 3 seconds. Your pictured example seems impossible as shown: a 1 second trigger duration cannot occur 5 times in 1 second. Obviously there are some plausibility checks that need to be thought through by the user before applying these settings.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Seems fairly self explanatory: the minimum duaration is as before, whatever is appropriate for your FOV. The newly added controls after that duration setting should default to 2 times within 3 seconds. Your pictured example seems impossible as shown: a 1 second trigger duration cannot occur 5 times in 1 second. Obviously there are some plausibility checks that need to be thought through by the user before applying these settings.
Thanks, I agree that it seemed impossible. That's what the numbers showed after installing v5.8.0. I'll try "1", "2", "3" and see how it works.