5.8.1 - November 22, 2023

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.8.1 - November 22, 2023
Recording folders and drives may now be designated as shared, exclusive-use, or unmanaged.
Used and free space are not considered on unmanaged drives. New clips/images are not
added to the database or automatically moved/deleted in unmanaged folders.

The Options/Storage page has been reworked to include an interactive graphical display of
the disk usage to facilitate easier distribution of disk space to folders. Also now you will be
prompted to repair the DB following any folder path changes.

An option on the right-click menu over the timeline view allows you to set an idle timeout
for returning to the live camera view and ‘now’ position.

A 64-bit version of the UScreenCapture driver is now included in the installation.
Unfortunately it still seems no longer possible to use this when running as a service.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
More detail in the help file...

A folder may be one of four types:
Managed folder, shared drive. The default for normal usage. Recordings are
indexed in the database and accessible through the software. Files will be moved/
deleted according to the size and age limits configured for the folder. The drive may
be shared with other applications and the operating system.

Managed folder, unmanaged drive. Use judiciously when the software has trouble
reading used/free space on the drive. Recordings are indexed in the database and
accessible through the software. Files will be moved/deleted according to the size
and age limits configured for the folder, but the software will not regard the used or free
space on the drive when making these decisions.

Managed folder, exclusive-use drive. This setting informs the software to expect
only Blue Iris related files on the drive and to throw appropriate errors or to run
appropriate repair operations if other files are detected. A feature soon may be
added to automatically maximize the use of a drive, but caution should still be taken
not to over-allocate the drive.

Unmanaged folder. Recordings will not be indexed in the database or accessible
through the software directly (you may still drag/drop them into the window). Files
will not be automatically moved or deleted. You will be responsible for the
prevention of the drive running out of space. This option exists primarily to provide
an “output folder” for functions such as AI faces, JPEG snapshots, exports, and
similar. Files in this folder are considered “other files” on a shared drive. An
unmanaged folder should not be configured onto an exclusive-use drive!

prsmith777

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know I must be retarded, but I can seem to find where I can change the folders . I can't find Options/Storage page anywhere.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know I must be retarded, but I can seem to find where I can change the folders . I can't find Options/Storage page anywhere.
There is a new dropdown right under where you enter the storage location.