5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is not the case i think.

I made some screenshots and a video of the result i am talking about.
This is all about a frame mismatch as far i can find out, already opened up a topic but that was about my home server with some dahua 4Mp cameras (that worked perfectly on BI3 btw)
1.png2.png3.png4.png

I have tried to make the receiving buffer larger, used frame compatibility mode, set the frame rate correct in the camera and in BI.
But still after a while it automatically sets the frame rate in BI higher as the camera is providing.
Resulting in bad recordings.

Also i do not really see the sharpness in the video, looks like it is cropped by blueiris.
These are the screenshots i made and look ok, but when you compare it to the video you see that the license plate is not readable for example and lines a bit further away are crumbly.
snap1.jpg
Made with the direct link to the camera http://IPADDRESS/snap.jpg?JpegCam=[0]
snap1BI.jpg
Made by BI snapshot - not much difference and since its night i will place a day time pic as well hopefully tomorrow.

Here another longse cam.
snap1dark.jpg
Made with direct cam link
snap1darkBI.jpg
Made by BI

Here you see a difference between the BI and direct link, BI is better with the colors and the direct link shot the color is not correct.
But futher they are the same, so why are the video's not as sharp as the snapshots or am i going crazy.
snap1light.jpg
Direct camera link snapshot
snap1lightBI.jpg
BI snapshot.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am starting to see more cameras appear with this new Sony 5MP 1/1.8 CMOS

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Enster-H-265-5-0Megapixels-1-1-8-SONY-CMOS-sensor-IP-Box-Camera-With-6MP/32529490460.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sony178-CMOS-CCTV-Camera-H-265-5MP-Super-Low-Lux-20X-Zoom-IR-High-Speed-Dome/32596547102.html

This time next year the'll be ubiquitous.. when you see dev boards selling for more than these Longse's you know the demand is higher than availability (its ~$100 for a Sony 5MP 1/1.8 raw board).. dahua/hikvision probably already have orders for a few hundred thousand units, they just wont be delivered for some time.

Kamalas

n3wb
Reaction score
Demo (IE only):
http://183.233.190.41:8856/ (username: longse / password: 12345678)
@klasipca
I think it is worth emphasizing, especially with Windows 10; that windows 10 has both Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. The camera interface which is ActiveX (OCX) only works with IE and not Edge.

I made the mistake of trying to get it working on Edge and gave up at the time. I then needed to configure my newly arrived camera when finally the penny dropped.

I know you say "IE only", but silly me, I was more thinking that was a don't use Chrome or firefox.

... and Yes, my dome just arrived!

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
@klasipca
I think it is worth emphasizing, especially with Windows 10; that windows 10 has both Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. The camera interface which is ActiveX (OCX) only works with IE and not Edge.

I made the mistake of trying to get it working on Edge and gave up at the time. I then needed to configure my newly arrived camera when finally the penny dropped.

I know you say "IE only", but silly me, I was more thinking that was a don't use Chrome or firefox.

... and Yes, my dome just arrived!
Most (if not all) cams work only in IE, there was a time when Hikvision had advantage and was working in Chrome, but not anymore. I've updated in the review that it only works in IE. Frankly, once you done playing with the settings you will not be vising it frequently. I haven't touched it for a month now.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hm... so this link allows you to view live snapshots, but it's unsecure... http://[ipaddress]/snap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hikvisions and Dahuas work just fine without IE, nothing works in chrome because they dropped support for external plugins thanks to all the malware.. but Firefox and Safari work just fine...

but any camera that requires ActiveX to run, not only REQUIRES IE, but it requires Windows too..

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
but any camera that requires ActiveX to run, not only REQUIRES IE, but it requires Windows too..
I used to see it as a big no-no, but the reality for me is I never use cams to view cams in browsers after I am done with configuration, it's mainly streaming via mobile apps and other streaming software.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would not mind if the ActiveX plugins were just required to view the feed, but most I encounter require the ActiveX plugin for configuration too.. and thats a problem when you dont have any windows computers.

I have an old copy of XP in a VM, its the only thing I have a key for anymore, but it wont work with the few ActiveX cameras I have tried.. must all need a newer browser, I am not going to go buy a copy of windows just so I can configure some cameras.

I dont understand why the admin/config on many of these cheapo cameras requires ActiveX, to display video yes.. but the browser is completely capable of rendering and inputting forms without it.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I would not mind if the ActiveX plugins were just required to view the feed, but most I encounter require the ActiveX plugin for configuration too.. and thats a problem when you dont have any windows computers.

I have an old copy of XP in a VM, its the only thing I have a key for anymore, but it wont work with the few ActiveX cameras I have tried.. must all need a newer browser, I am not going to go buy a copy of windows just so I can configure some cameras.

I dont understand why the admin/config on many of these cheapo cameras requires ActiveX, to display video yes.. but the browser is completely capable of rendering and inputting forms without it.
Yeah, I've complained that why I am not able to view/modify settings in both Huisun and Longse... doubt it will be go anywhere, but at least they got my feedback.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I agree that requiring ActiveX is problematic at best, and it really is a big security concern at worst. An ActiveX control can have full access to your computer. A VM may actually the best way to configure and manage these cameras without opening up your computers to another attack vector.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree that requiring ActiveX is problematic at best, and it really is a big security concern at worst. An ActiveX control can have full access to your computer. A VM may actually the best way to configure and manage these cameras without opening up your computers to another attack vector.
You could always run your IE in Sandboxie to avoid the possibility of the ActiveX making changes to your machine that you are not wanting. Would be kind of a pain though since I think you would have to run the installer for the ActiveX every time you are looking to make changes to your camera config.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like Dahua is offering an outdoor 6-180mm 2mp PTZ with the 1/1.8" sensor now too. I got an email with a quote for $760. [h=1]DH-SD6AE230F-HNI is the model.[/h][h=1]

[/h]

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like Dahua is offering an outdoor 6-180mm 2mp PTZ with the 1/1.8" sensor now too. I got an email with a quote for $760. DH-SD6AE230F-HNI is the model.

Umm... How are the two related? Hikvision makes ton of cams with 2/6mp sensor that's 1/1.8" as well which are abnormally expensive

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a guess based on sensor size really. 1/1.8 sensor claimed as a starlight PTZ. It's probably more like a Hik Darkfighter at 2mp though.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Imx178 only comes in 5MP so Dahua /Hikvision are using something else of the same size.

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update: Got it to work using a different computer, I have access to the UI. Camera's a tough little bastard, I opened it again to check focus f'd up pretty bad, shorted a board and let the smoke out literally. It still works, but we'll see for how long. I'm impressed enough, I think i'll get another one. Updating the nvr firmware also now allows me to reach the camera through virtual server now and fixed a reboot problem. My Huisun v2 now has working poe, tested on a poe switch. My 7608ni doesn't want to power it up though so something might still be wrong with that.

LeeH

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well it looks like mine is going to be a no show after been given 2 sets of fake tracking.

I'll post up the sellers details later do nobody else gets burnt.

jamesf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
(Newbie alert)
Can I use these with my Hikvision NVR? as a generic IP camera?
Those night shots.. I'd kill for that quality out of my 3mp Hikvisions...
Dayam

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
(Newbie alert)
Can I use these with my Hikvision NVR? as a generic IP camera?
Those night shots.. I'd kill for that quality out of my 3mp Hikvisions...
Dayam
Yes, it works with Hikvision NVR (I have 7608) using regular onvif profile

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@klasipca,

What are your settings for the camera if i may ask.
The night image is much more clear then one of my camera's with some street lights near the cam.
Maybe it works as good by copying yours into mine.