$500 for downgrade 5.5.0 --> 5.4.5, anyone?

Reaction score
I am running into challenges trying to get my nvr's working with 5.5.0 on various G1 hikvision 8mp hikvision cameras. The cameras I tested with originally had/have 5.4.5 on them and work as expected. I have been scouring through the forums trying to find any solution. The most recent cameras I puchased all have 5.5.0 on them. If there is anyone that can help me with a process to downgrade them to 5.4.5 there is $500 reward. For anyone that could help, I greatly appreciate it!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Specifically mentioned in the 5.5.3 release notes :
Compatibility with NVR
Test Model : DS-2CD2185FWD-I
Firmware Version : V5.5.3 build 171018
Basic Function test:
DS-9632NI-I8
V3.4.95 build 170626
DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P
V3.4.95 build 170626
Preview(Main and Sub stream) OK OK
Record and Playback OK OK
Basic parameter configuration
(Resolution, Bitrate, stream type,
Event, Image) OK OK

Reaction score
Thank you, I had tried one camera with 5.5.2 this morning and no love. I am trying 5.5.3 right now and will follow up in about 10 minutes.

Reaction score
No luck, unable to connect via onvif or hikvision. Going to try to get RTSP to work.

Reaction score
onvif ... just an idea ...

Did you try to enable onvif at
Network > Advances Settings > Integration Protocol
thank you, that is super helpful!

I didnt realize it moved these config items to there. I enabled it, added a user. I went back into geovision nvr (latest 8.7.4) and now it sees it, but the app crashes before completely adding it into the camera list.

montecrypto

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
G1 can be downgraded relatively easily because its bootloader is not signed and its firmware update app can be manipulated to accept any firmware verson. I think I posted the recovery image that can flash unsigned firmware. I don't remember if it was also patched to accept major versions lower than the current.

G0 is a bit more tricky to downgrade -- you either need to load uboot extension, sec.bin, that has commands to access the filesystem, flash the NAND firmware chip directly (soldering required), or use one of the two methods known to me that still make it possible to reflash firmware without signing it.