5231R-Z issue

Reaction score
I was installing a bunch of cameras I bought from Andy, when one of them was displaying a very dark image. Swapped the cam to make sure it wasn't an issue with the wire; other cam worked fine.

I connected the bad cam directly to the switch with a 3' patch cable and the issue persists. In a very bright room the IR lights are on and the cam displays black and white as if it were night time. Occurs in both BI and via IE. Payed with IR strings and and all other settings also all back to default and nothing works.

Wanted to see if there is something I can do before contacting Andy. Thanks.

20000101_000729.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was installing a bunch of cameras I bought from Andy, when one of them was displaying a very dark image. Swapped the cam to make sure it wasn't an issue with the wire; other cam worked fine.

I connected the bad cam directly to the switch with a 3' patch cable and the issue persists. In a very bright room the IR lights are on and the cam displays black and white as if it were night time. Occurs in both BI and via IE. Payed with IR strings and and all other settings also all back to default and nothing works.

Wanted to see if there is something I can do before contacting Andy. Thanks.

View attachment 21407
sounds like the ir cut filter is stuck...can you hear it clicking when going from color to b/w?

Reaction score
I don't recall hearing the filter click at all, if it's stuck. How can I unstuck it? lol

I will have to take a look at it later tonight to verify.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't recall hearing the filter click at all, if it's stuck. How can I unstuck it? lol

I will have to take a look at it later tonight to verify.
There are some threads discussing it

Reaction score
I had this very same problem with a SD49225-HN. Just as I was about to pull it down and send it in to someone in the US for repair (thanks Andy for all your time on this) it started working again. Haven't had a problem since. Best of luck to you. I know it can be frustrating.