5442 end of life?

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua website says 5442 is EOL- any word on what they are replacing it with?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It's a wierd move when import restrictions and questions over the independence of Chinese manufacturers mean they've going to have to battle harder than ever against the probable emergence of home grown Western brands. You'd have though being constantly ahead would have been the answer.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You all are reading too much into this thread LOL.

This particular camera model has been EOL since at least early-2021...

This was the non ePOE version and all that is available now are ePOE versions. That's it folks... The ePOE version allows for longer cable runs if needed - that is a good thing.

The 5442 series will stick around until the 4K on the 1/1.2" sensor adds infrared and varifocal capabilities...until then, this series is a workhorse.

Nothing to see here - carry on LOL.

Last edited:

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You all are reading too much into this thread LOL.

This particular camera model has been EOL since at least early-2021...

This was the non ePOE version and all that is available now are ePOE versions. That's it folks... The ePOE version allows for longer cable runs if needed - that is a good thing.

The 5442 series will stick around until the 4K on the 1/1.2" sensor adds infrared and varifocal capabilities...until then, this series is a workhorse.

Nothing to see here - carry on LOL.
I eagerly await the 4k on the 1/1.2 sensor!

tuvow

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here! How much longer do you guys think it’ll take until Dahua releases a 4K camera with 1/1.2” sensor and IR?

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It’s weird all of the model numbers talked about here are from overseas even though half of the members seem to be from USA. Anyone know of a translator between dahua security.com and us.dahua security.com?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is because we can get international models that are cheaper than going thru an authorized Dahua USA installer. And usually better cameras as most folks experience with the authorized Dahua USA installers are limited in the number of models and they seem to really push 5MP cameras, which we have shown are not on an ideal sensor size.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is because we can get international models that are cheaper than going thru an authorized Dahua USA installer. And usually better cameras as most folks experience with the authorized Dahua USA installers are limited in the number of models and they seem to really push 5MP cameras, which we have shown are not on an ideal sensor size.
Strange, the only 5mp I’ve seen here and there at ADI are the hdcvi domes. Any idea of what the US 5442 equivalent is?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be the US version of the 5442 then? It has the 1/1.8" sensor and quick glance appears to be all the same features?
Not sure, ir distance is only 84’ vs 130’. Don’t know if it’s a typo or metric-imperial thing.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe they are being a little more realistic in values, even though I think once someone sets a shutter speed and other parameters to minimize blur, nobody is seeing 84 feet out with a 2.8mm lens!

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe they are being a little more realistic in values, even though I think once someone sets a shutter speed and other parameters to minimize blur, nobody is seeing 84 feet out with a 2.8mm lens!
I just looked and Andy’s Amazon price is within a dollar of the one I posted.
Pretty cool for you guys.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't see why they'd make that jump. Considering the number of non CCTV cameras eg action cameras, phones etc using 1" sensors and thus lenses now, it would seem to make no sense to jump to anything less than 1". Surely it would be more expensive to develop for 1/1.2" than to simply buy components off the shelf for 1". If I had to guess a reason not to do this atm, it would be that the sensor prices are probably still too high to make a CCTV camera for around $200 with a 1". Most devices with 1" are currently much more than that.

alekk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ditto all the other comments that have 4K on 1/1.2" sensor (or 1"!) with varifocal on their Christmas wish list! ;-)