5442 is impressive is there anything better?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Ya know, there is a business up the street about a mile. " The Wonderful Muffler Man" My conspiracy paranoia is starting to wonder if he is creating his own business. :screwy:
Can I submit a request for a new User name? I'm thinkin, " Off Topic" might work :)

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Takes two or more camera to get better identification, you can't do it all with one camera at night. if you intend on capturing plates, you have the color camera viewing the same vehicle/area. whatever research that was.... my research has shown that color at night is blurred in fast motion. And you can't run the dahua 5442 at 1/2000 in color in the dark and hope to catch a plate unless your in a baseball stadium with 1000 lights on. I got the color, model Honda Civic, 2016-1019 Silver/blue, plate, Number of occupants, clothing description of 1 guys, all on other video that I'm not loading up here. All turned in to the Cty Sheriff. your research may vary.
You can get faces though on the Hik and Dahua cameras though can't you? Yes for a LP reader, they're probably not the best choice, but my understanding from the testing on here that both the models reviewed are better than the 5442 for colour at night and perfectly good for faces in all but total darkness. The 5442 wouldn' be my go to choice from testing on here but I don't want B&W and don't have total darkness or the need for a LP camera atm.

As always the answer is going to be a mix of cameras if you have specific requirements.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's another one that seems better than the 5442 -