knife, spoon, bowl, banana, apple, sandwich, orange, broccoli, carrot,

hot dog, pizza, donot, cake, chair, couch, potted plant, bed, dining table,

toilet, tv, laptop, mouse, remote, keyboard, cell phone, microwave,

oven, toaster, sink, refrigerator, book, clock, vase, scissors, teddy bear,

hair dryer, toothbrush

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't want to muck up the thread, just posting my 5442 pics from last night on default alongside the previous days camera (IPC-T2431T-AS 3.6)

I am kinda excited to have my 5442-AS-LED 2.8 installed. put it up yesterday. left it at default settings because I was initializing it during the day time. But we have a lot of light out front. Figured it would do ok as a trial run.

t2431t.jpg5442-LED.jpg5442day.jpg

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
For clarity, the DeepStack list in alphabetical order -

airplane
apple
backpack
banana
baseball bat
baseball glove
bear
bed
bench
bicycle
bird
boat
book
bottle
bowl
broccoli
bus
cake
car
carrot
cat
cell phone
chair
clock
couch
cow
cup
dining table
dog
donot
elephant
fire hydrant
fork
frisbee
giraffe
hair dryer
handbag
horse
hot dog
keyboard
kite
knife
laptop
microwave
motorcycle
mouse
orange
oven
parking meter
person
pizza
potted plant
refrigerator
remote
sandwich
scissors
sheep
sink
skateboard
skis
snowboard
spoon
sports ball
stop_sign
suitcase
surfboard
teddy bear
tennis racket
tie
toaster
toilet
toothbrush
train
truck
tv
umbrella
vase
wine glass
zebra

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
DS/BI report the type of image in the clip list view. The specific objects identified get entered in the Artificial Intelligence section of the trigger tab of the camera as a comma delimited list. If you don't list "broccoli" it shouldn't show up as detected. That said, I didn't have "potted plant" listed but got several listed detections of one walking by.

Last edited:

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does the camera IVS take a while to recognize motion? It seems like the more action there is, the more and more it is picking up the motion.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on what else is going on and how much other components of the camera you are using. What FPS are you running at? These CPUs with AI can get maxed out. YMMV, but many have reported performance improvements to the camera after not using every spec the camera is capable of.

Keep in mind that the camera needs to recognize the object first and decide if it is an object you want tracked, and then compare it to the IVS. One of the reasons why we also say to use intrusion box with appears and crosses as the tripwire could have the subject pass completely past it before recognizing the object.

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Depends on what else is going on and how much other components of the camera you are using. What FPS are you running at? These CPUs with AI can get maxed out. YMMV, but many have reported performance improvements to the camera after not using every spec the camera is capable of.

Keep in mind that the camera needs to recognize the object first and decide if it is an object you want tracked, and then compare it to the IVS. One of the reasons why we also say to use intrusion box with appears and crosses as the tripwire could have the subject pass completely past it before recognizing the object.
I'm running 15fps and have the BI motion detection still on. I guess I try turning BI motion off and see what that does. I'm still having issues getting the 5442 bush cam to activate with IVS too. Not sure what's going on there. I guess I'm going to see what the global settings do now

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Having the camera do motion detection instead of BI does free up CPU as motion detection is one of the largest CPU drains.

So you need to set it up in two places. In the motion tab, select the camera's digital input or motion alarm.

Then go back to the setup screen where you key in the camera IP address and user and password and down in the lower left (or up a little depending on the version you are running), will be the checkbox for pull ONVIF triggers.

I ran a clone camera for awhile using BI motion to compare it to the ONVIF triggers to confirm I wasn't missing anything. Now for those cams I just use ONVIF triggers.

Post some screenshots of the bush cam IVS and let's see if we can help you there as well.

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Having the camera do motion detection instead of BI does free up CPU as motion detection is one of the largest CPU drains.

So you need to set it up in two places. In the motion tab, select the camera's digital input or motion alarm.

Then go back to the setup screen where you key in the camera IP address and user and password and down in the lower left (or up a little depending on the version you are running), will be the checkbox for pull ONVIF triggers.

I ran a clone camera for awhile using BI motion to compare it to the ONVIF triggers to confirm I wasn't missing anything. Now for those cams I just use ONVIF triggers.

Post some screenshots of the bush cam IVS and let's see if we can help you there as well.
Well I turned off all the BI motion on my driveway cam and it seems the IVS is working way better. I also turned off the BI motion on the 5442 bush cam and it's still no getting motion triggers. I have the use ON IF box checked on the video configuration and have the cameras digital input box checked under triggers also.Screenshot_20210414-173136.pngScreenshot_20210414-173213.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s difficult to explain and based on my experience not any documentation, but there is a 3D element to drawing tripwires and boxes.

I would suspect anything entering your intended zone from the top of the image would not trip an alert. The box is effectively vertical , though it may catch planes or low flying birds.

Try dragging tgst NE corner of the box to the base of the closest big tree by the street, the next due north point to the tree behind the vehicle at bumper height, and terminate the final leg at the junction point where the line crosses low on the handrail.

Essentially lay the box down on its horizontal plane relative to the ground if that makes sense?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Better. It takes some playing when you’re so close to the ground, most cameras are mounted higher so you’re kinda upside down.

I’d go out to that far telephone pole and walk straight to the camera and across the drive and see where it trips

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do not have the object filter turned on. Turn that on and select human and vehicle and your previous larger intrusion box may work then!

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You do not have the object filter turned on. Turn that on and select human and vehicle and your previous larger intrusion box may work then!
I was looking to do the same with this camera as I did with the 3241 on the driveway and not have that checked off. I'll check the box and see what happens but I had my wife walk from the street directly to the camera real quick before she went to the grocery store just a bit ago and the results came up with no trigger.